OSU gets 2 good ones

Landlord's right. Bo Pelini himself is the ONLY guy that is currently doing the same job now as was his 3rd year (2010). This staff has been 100% overhauled within the last 3 seasons.

And i find it funny how we jump up and down and cry about these assistants at other schools like they just won the lottery. They aint even coached a game yet. DC from Arkansas? Last I checked, Arkansas wasnt exactly the immoveable object.

Landlord's right. Bo Pelini himself is the ONLY guy that is currently doing the same job now as was his 3rd year (2010). This staff has been 100% overhauled within the last 3 seasons.

And i find it funny how we jump up and down and cry about these assistants at other schools like they just won the lottery. They aint even coached a game yet. DC from Arkansas? Last I checked, Arkansas wasnt exactly the immoveable object.

Hey now. They did have the second best defense in the state of Arkansas.

• Fire 4

IDK what to think of this staff. Can we change some staff members and see different results? The sofa coach side of me thinks so, but the lack of knowledge I have on what is behind closed doors leaves me thinking maybe not. This year, I saw a different team on the field than I have seen before. I saw a hungry defense, even when we weren't doing well. We had a defense that was out there trying to make plays.

As I heard from a sports analyst today that made me think of our team. It went something like this... It doesn't matter how you game plan. Most of your game plan can be on key, and you may still lose. A lot of the time its comes down to the basics of football. The team who can stick with the basics usually wins the game. (IE tackling, ball security and not committing turnovers)

We had Shawn Watson here, someone we all say "His system doesn't fit our style", but does Beck's? At least under Watson we had an identity. Each and every one of our staff members has shown signs of greatness. Beck, you can tell he is a first timer, but when things are going well for him, he looks knows how to call a game. Does most of this years lack of offense due to Beck, or due to the amount of injuries and lack of talent at the QB level? We can all sit here and say that "Tommy is a Freshman", but if we give him some leeway, shouldn't we give the guy making the play calls too, since he isn't the one making TA throw INTs? Beck also isn't the one forcing these guys to have ball security issues. If our guys could only hold onto the ball, our offense might actually look dangerous. I am not sold on Beck and I have not cared for the guy at all since after his first year. I think the guy is overpaid for the amount of experience he has. The only issue I have, is we have not gotten to see what he can do with an experienced QB, or even a LEGIT QB. Taylor was a great football player by all means, but he wasn't a true QB. Dangerous with his feet, but okay in his passing game. A 85% Taylor is still better than who we had playing last year IMO. What I have said for a long time, is Beck needs to form his offense around his QB, rather than form the QB into his system. When you find a system you like and is successful, recruit your style of QB's.

The only coach I can see that can/should be replaced, is Ben Cotton. He lacks in recruiting and is only coaching what... TE's?! Hire someone who can do Special Teams as well.

For the defense, IMO, don't fix whats not broken. We have talent, first year running a 2 gap with a LOT of inexperienced guys, and it was a rocky start. After the first half of the year, this team started to mesh and we have some raw talent coming in who could be a huge impact. On the defensive side, I personally am willing to wait before really saying who I would want to be shown the door. Admittedly, I wanted JP gone since last year. Now, I wonder, is he the one making the calls now, or was he before? I personally believe he has more reigns of the defense than he did before.

• Fire 1

Hey now. They did have the second best defense in the state of Arkansas.

Think Ash was at Wisky prior. 3 Rose Bowls........... Yep. He sucks..................

• Fire 1

I was thinking about Chris Ash's time at Wisconsin this morning and I went back and forth.

He had some great defenses statistically but he was also in charge of DB's in '11 when we were two last second hail mary's away from playing in the big one so yea. Not sure that I blame him for all of the losses in '12, probably the MSU one though.

He'll get numbers that look good especially at OSU where, like at UW, defenses can improve their averages by playing cupcakes but I have no confidence in him being able to consistently coordinate for big games against good opponents. Saw some buckeye fans elsewhere talking up Ash saying that he did really well against OSU when he was at Wisconsin but he didn't.

I was thinking about Chris Ash's time at Wisconsin this morning and I went back and forth.

He had some great defenses statistically but he was also in charge of DB's in '11 when we were two last second hail mary's away from playing in the big one so yea. Not sure that I blame him for all of the losses in '12, probably the MSU one though.

He'll get numbers that look good especially at OSU where, like at UW, defenses can improve their averages by playing cupcakes but I have no confidence in him being able to consistently coordinate for big games against good opponents. Saw some buckeye fans elsewhere talking up Ash saying that he did really well against OSU when he was at Wisconsin but he didn't.

seems to be the perception of our pass defense two years ago. Good statistically, but because our run defense was that terrible.