Charlie Strong's expectations of Texas players

I've got no problems with any of it. Small price to pay in exchange for what the university is providing them. If any of them don't like it, like Strong said; they'll get run over by the culture. I don't like Texas but I like what this Strong guy is trying to do, a lot. There are reasons outside of talent that has kept Texas from being more successful. Seems smart to zero in on some of those things and eradicate them. As impressed as I am with the attempt, I hope it doesn't work out though.

The only issue I have with this is it seems too one-sided on overall philosophy. As a college head coach wanting to attract the best players possible, but still being able to field a competent team, you need to find that perfect medium between making your program a privilege and a job. Make it something that players want to be part of, but understand the sacrafices they have to make as well to have that privilege. Now, I could be wrong, but this all just sounds a bit too strict, and that all the privilege is being sucked out. Too much of a "my way or the highway" job type of feel.

How many coaches run it like this? Pelini would get bashed if he tried to.

Strong expectations:

• Players will attend all of their classes and sit in the front two rows of all of their classes. GAs, academic folks, position coaches will be checking constantly now.

I would have a serious question about this. What happens if you get to class and the first two rows are all taken? Will football players be throwing math students out of their desks in Algebra so they can sit in the front two rows?

Big 12 radio guy down here said:

Texas really did not have many player behavior issues that needed to be addressed. Mack recruited solid student-athletes overall. What the radio guy was thinking is that Strong is going to recruit "edgier" more athletic types that MAY need more "guidance"

My thought: are any Texas players married? "Sorry honey, I can't live with you in our apartment because Coach Strong says I have to live in the dorm with the team"