New DB Coach - Charlton Warren

QMany

Reaaaaaaaaalllly..........

Hmmmm....

Air Force ranked #77 in opponents pass yards gained at 239.7 per game.

Ranked #116 in scoring defense.......not good.....

Hopefully it works out.

He has had some pretty stellar secondaries in his career there. Has had top 20 passing defense multiple years there(#2 in 2010, # 6 in 2011, etc.)

Not a bad hire I don't think, Has a bunch of recruiting ties to GA as well.

Hmmmm....

Hopefully it works out.

Lets see what he can do with better athletes and Bo on his side.

Honestly, I care more about the recruiting aspect than coaching aspect for DB coach.

• Fire 1

Hmmmm....

Hopefully it works out.

He has had some pretty stellar secondaries in his career there. Has had top 20 passing defense multiple years there(#2 in 2010, # 6 in 2011, etc.)

Not a bad hire I don't think, Has a bunch of recruiting ties to GA as well.

Good to hear. I only looked up 2014 and wasn't impressed.

anyone think there is a co-DC title going w/ this?

was wondering the same thing, especially considering he's an Air Force alum. Seems odd that someone so invested there would "take a step back" in roles, even if it's at a bigger program. On the other hand, do you need two DCs with Bo already running that side? If so, will Bo step a little more to the offensive side?

Yeah, what's that based on? Being a DC in his own right at a program with an offense-oriented HC (Calhoun is an offense guy, right?) should be a great infusion of ideas into Bo's defense. And it would be surprising based on being at Air Force if Warren's anything but a tough-nosed, high character guy.

How he gets after it on the recruiting trail I don't think we can predict,; it's going to be quite different for him at Nebraska than at USAFA. Hopefully he has the mentality of a very active recruiter.

Hmmmm....

Hopefully it works out.

Lets see what he can do with better athletes and Bo on his side.

Honestly, I care more about the recruiting aspect than coaching aspect for DB coach.

Exactly. Pretty limited in what you have to work with at service academies. That's why you see the style of offense they play.

Fair question. What changed mid-season? Did Bo take over the D, or did he relinquish more of the D to JP?

My own opinion is Bo always was in charge. He relays the calls to JP. Perhaps JP gets more input as time goes on but it's still Bo's defense.

Early in the season we were so terribly out of position that we couldn't help but give up yards. Whether that's youth or complexity is another discussion but once we started getting everyone on the same page the defense improved quickly. For me, you can attribute a lot of if to inexperience early on and we ended up better than we've been for the last couple years because we have better athletes and more play-makers on defense.