RB Kendall Bussey Jr [Texas A&M - Signed LOI]

#Huskers RB commit Kendall Bussey had a huge game last Friday ----> RT @KBJ_5: Highlights from the game last night http://bit.ly/Xq8OlE

the catch and run he had has Ameer written all over it, he froze that guy and just took off. I think he is AA8 v2 with better breakaway speed... really like this kid and would love him in the Nebraska backfield

I've mean hesitant to say it, but I agree.

I'll just note here, again, that we need to be recruiting other running backs. Bussey is a great prospect, but he should not be considered a commit. It's been clear for a long time now that he hasn't decided yet and committed to NU as a placeholder.

I totally get what you are saying. but the coaches aren't dumb. If they aren't pursuing any other RB's this cycle, it's because of 2 things:

1. Bussey is 100% committed

2. We have 4 very capable RB's returning next year and they aren't worried about him leaving.

This is where an early signing period would benefit teams like NU that may attract high profile guys early and have them lose interest later on. Not that someone that's that flippant is someone we really want to recruit, but...

Seen too many recruiting cycles personally to care when one recruit comes or goes. If Bussey comes, great. He sounds like an outstanding prospect. If not, meh. We'll find someone equally as talented to take his spot.

In the 2011 class, we had brought AA, Aaron Green, and Braylon Heard all on board. Look how that shook out in relation to ratings.