RB Kendall Bussey Jr [Texas A&M - Signed LOI]

Busseys interview with recruiting corner he said he is very committed to us but I get the feeling Husker fans questioning him is pushing him away. Some Husker fan bashed him right after the interview because Kendall wanted to use a visit possibly somewhere else. We just need to leave this one alone. He is committed to Nebraska and helps recruit kids to nebraska. End of story

Could not have said this any better and I think this is something that needs to be stressed on here. In the video he made a comment that he is still solidly committed and the narrator even noted that Kendall is trying to recruit others to follow him up here. That is good enough for me. He is 18 years old, weighing all his options, and enjoying his time in the spotlight - how can you fault him? What worried me the most was that he mentioned he has seen blogs with Husker fans judging his commitment. No recruit should have to deal with that crap, especially one that has been trying his hardest to persuade others to come up here. Just my $0.02.

If he doesn't take those comments with a grain of salt, it's his problem.

How does he even know that these are Husker fans? Maybe they are fans of another school trying to post negative crap so he will leave. Hell, we could do it right now with a player the Huskers really want. Go to the team website that the kid has committed to and create user names and start bashing the kid so he leaves...

All I can say is that we are really lucky to have this guy committed to us, and I really hope that people that are questioning his commitment aren't a reason for him to decommit. They really aren't bashing him because of his talents as much as because they are afraid some of the other schools may be more attractive to him. But, if he leaves there isn't a damn thing we can do about it no matter how much we cry whine, or stomp our feet (me included I will sadly add). I do think the coaches better do what ever they can to keep him.

Busseys interview with recruiting corner he said he is very committed to us but I get the feeling Husker fans questioning him is pushing him away. Some Husker fan bashed him right after the interview because Kendall wanted to use a visit possibly somewhere else. We just need to leave this one alone. He is committed to Nebraska and helps recruit kids to nebraska. End of story

If he committed to any other school and said he was solid and then took other visits, there would be fans of that school doing the same thing as these knuckleheads are.

I don't condone these people getting after a 17 year old kid but if this is all it takes to change a player's mind, they weren't that committed in the first place.

I think it was on here last year where I got in a tussle with some fans because they were talking about tweeting recruits. I am totally against fans being in contact with recruits for the exact example here with Bussey. You never know what is going to drive a kid away. Our coaches work their azzes off to get kids interested in here and some jerk off fan thinks it's his right as a fan to potentially harm all the work the coaches have put in.

Let the coaches and program communicate with the recruits. Follow them on twitter if you want but other than that....STFU.....

• Fire 1

If he committed to any other school and said he was solid and then took other visits, there would be fans of that school doing the same thing as these knuckleheads are.

I don't condone these people getting after a 17 year old kid but if this is all it takes to change a player's mind, they weren't that committed in the first place.

I think it was on here last year where I got in a tussle with some fans because they were talking about tweeting recruits. I am totally against fans being in contact with recruits for the exact example here with Bussey. You never know what is going to drive a kid away. Our coaches work their azzes off to get kids interested in here and some jerk off fan thinks it's his right as a fan to potentially harm all the work the coaches have put in.

Let the coaches and program communicate with the recruits. Follow them on twitter if you want but other than that....STFU.....

Sure some fans will contact the player. Some might even be obnoxious. But my point is that how could we even determine if these people are even fans?

It's feasible that you get some idiot fans from an opposing team (let's say Texas Tech). With today's social media, they can create accounts to look like Husker fans and start bashing Bussey about how committed he really is.

And maybe that is far fetched. But put it in a different perspective. Lets say there are as many as 50 legitimate Husker fans contacting Bussey about their belief he is not all that committed. Do you mean to tell me that out of the 95,000 that show up to games every Saturday in Lincoln, and the thousands that travel to away games, and the millions that watch on TV, he is going to let 50 sway his decision?

If that would be the case, then the kid was looking for a way out.

Personally, I think this kid is high character and is coming to Lincoln to put on a show. And that is a good thing.

Sure some fans will contact the player. Some might even be obnoxious. But my point is that how could we even determine if these people are even fans?

It's feasible that you get some idiot fans from an opposing team (let's say Texas Tech). With today's social media, they can create accounts to look like Husker fans and start bashing Bussey about how committed he really is.

And maybe that is far fetched. But put it in a different perspective. Lets say there are as many as 50 legitimate Husker fans contacting Bussey about their belief he is not all that committed. Do you mean to tell me that out of the 95,000 that show up to games every Saturday in Lincoln, and the thousands that travel to away games, and the millions that watch on TV, he is going to let 50 sway his decision?

Personally, I think this kid is high character and is coming to Lincoln to put on a show. And that is a good thing.

I can see both of your views here. I agree that No Fan should be in any contact other than saying hi when they are on a visit if you would happen to see them. Contacting them on twitter is weird and borderline Stalking. They are not your friend don't act like they are.

• Fire 1

There is not one word you just said that isn't true. However, you don't know what is going to turn a kid off.

I have absolutely no clue if the idiots who have contacted Bussey in some way claiming he isn't "committed" are actually Husker fans. However, I have seen it mentioned enough times on social media like these boards to know that actual Husker fans ARE contacting various recruits and I will voice my opinion that it is weird and it has a high potential of at some point ruining all the hard work that our coaches put in.

I don't care if out of 2,000,000 fans across the country 10 fans contact recruits, those idiots allow their actions to form the recruits opinion of the rest of us as a group.

I can see both of your views here. I agree that No Fan should be in any contact other than saying hi when they are on a visit if you would happen to see them. Contacting them on twitter is weird and borderline Stalking. They are not your friend don't act like they are.

Thats the problem with twitter. Anyone can follow and tweet anybody they want. People want to feel like they're important and want as many followers as possible so they can brag on it. I must be too old but i dont get it. But, its a forum that you can contact anyone you want in the world if they have an account. It makes the world very small and makes connecting almost too easy. Jmo.
  • Fire 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Just kidding about the snow. From what I've read about this kid, it sounds like he is a pretty solid Husker in waiting. A lot of folks get nervous

knowing it is a long way to signing day. With Bussey it appears he as well as his family are committed ... so I would sit back and relax and wait for the show to start. The show will be worth waiting for ... you have a solid QB with Taylor and Bussey running the ball ... who could ask for more?

What does the starting line-up for the offensive backfield going to look like to start the season this year?

Candyman: Good to see you back. I know some have been trying to reach you on the "football" part of the forum to talk about the Adam Taylor injury which I am sure you have heard of. Too bad for Adam, but sounded like a clean break and we know with his attitude he will attack it head on.

As far as the offensive backfield....

RB is loaded but will be fighting for carries left behind our All-American/Heisman candidate Ameer Abdullah. Imani Cross is a 6'1 230 Jr that has been used a lot in short yardage the last couple years but is more well rounded (it appears) this year and has a good grasp on the #2 spot. He is often the person Adam has partnered with for after practice workouts as they are both extra dedicated in that regard. Terrell Newby is the lightening in a bottle RB we brought in the same class as Adam, he played last year as a FR, so is now a SOPH. He has added a bunch of muscle and kept his speed, up to 197lbs now. Coaches are praising how much the game has slowed down for him as well. Adam was reported before the injury to be right there with Newby, and the coaches are/were finding ways to get two RB's on the field at once since we were so deep and talented.

QB is still relatively unsettled. The frontrunner and man expected to take the job is Tommy Armstrong the Soph who went 7-1 last season. Reports are he is still struggling at times with his passing, but seems to be knocking the rust off. Pushing him is the surprise walk-on from Grand Island Nebraska, Ryker Fyfe. Fyfe is the best passer out of the 3 right now and an underrated runner, but is also only a Soph so he is still learning as well. Johnny Stanton is the RSFR who they say as the best drop back/footwork/throw, but still has trouble getting past his first read since he is so young.

Fullback: We have a stud named Andy Janovich who is a bull in a china shop. He'll take care of anything.