Huskers picked 3rd in B1G West

robsker

Athlon has predicted that the B1G West next year will be won by Wisconsin and that 2nd place will go to Iowa. They have Wisconsin behind OSU and behind MSU in the conference.

They site the return of but 1 out of 5 OL and 1 of 4 DB's as issues for the Huskers and imply that the QB situation is not a strength either. That said, they say the Huskers are not far behind Iowa or Wisconsin.

Seems reasonable to me... though I'd like to think the Huskers are better than Iowa... or, at least their equal. But... scoreboard counts and Iowa curb-stomped the Huskers last year. Wisconsin has toyed with NU too. So, the prediction is pretty reasonable. Still... I wish NU had a brighter outlook. We will see how it plays out.

One the reasons, at least in my opinion, for this pick has to do with the schedule. Iowa has IU and Maryland from the East and toughest games (Huskers, Wisky) at home. Wisconsin has Maryland and Rutgers from the East and Huskers at home (although they do have to go to Iowa). We have to go to MSU and host Rutgers from the East and go to BOTH Wisky and Iowa....the schedule alone makes this pick logical.

If we finish 3rd in the west, I predict it will be Bo's last season at NU. This would probably mean another 4 loss season (or 3 L at the best). Year 7 and this is the best we can expect! :dunno Bo proclaimed that he came here 'to win championships'. :restore2 And later after the Arizona win that "Nebraska is Back" .

We can't be nationally relevant as 3rd in a division unless you are playing the spoiler role. :facepalm:

Personally, I'd like to think our talent level is better than this. I think the QB situation will be better than expected, RB and receivers are tops in Big 10 and the D has improved. But, I don't see what is happening wt the other teams and perhaps the sports writer based his view on how the other big 10 teams are improving.

If we finish this low, it is time for a fresh start as I don't see it getting better - this schedule is still relatively week - even though we travel to IOWA(oh, no when did traveling to Iowa make one fearful :ahhhhhhhh except possibly in the Hayden Fry years).

If we end up 3rd or even 2nd we have deep systematic issues that can't be addressed outside of major changes. Just my humble opinion.

• Fire 1

If we finish 3rd in the west, I predict it will be Bo's last season at NU. This would probably mean another 4 loss season (or 3 L at the best). Year 7 and this is the best we can expect! :dunno Bo proclaimed that he came here 'to win championships'. :restore2 And later after the Arizona win that "Nebraska is Back" .

We can't be nationally relevant as 3rd in a division unless you are playing the spoiler role. :facepalm:

Personally, I'd like to think our talent level is better than this. I think the QB situation will be better than expected, RB and receivers are tops in Big 10 and the D has improved. But, I don't see what is happening wt the other teams and perhaps the sports writer based his view on how the other big 10 teams are improving.

If we finish this low, it is time for a fresh start as I don't see it getting better - this schedule is still relatively week - even though we travel to IOWA(oh, no when did traveling to Iowa make one fearful :ahhhhhhhh except possibly in the Hayden Fry years).

If we end up 3rd or even 2nd we have deep systematic issues that can't be addressed outside of major changes. Just my humble opinion.

We could very easily finish 3rd in the west and be 10-2. So you're saying a 10-2 record with 2 close losses is reason enough to fire Bo? Sounds reasonable. I guess.

We could very easily finish 3rd in the west and be 10-2. So you're saying a 10-2 record with 2 close losses is reason enough to fire Bo? Sounds reasonable. I guess.

It seems very unlikely that a 10-2 record would be third best in the west. I'd think 10-2 would win the west. But... I do not see the Huskers being 10-2 either.

When is the last time Nebraska has spoiled anyone's season?