SIGNED (2015) PF Edward Morrow

His blood line has plenty of roots with the Huskers. Morrow still calls Nebraska "home" and knows the school as the place where his father, Edward Sr. played football while his mother, Nafeesah, played basketball. Things have changed quite a bit since the elder Morrows were on campus. Two and a half years ago, Nebraska unveiled the new Hendricks Training Complex, complete with meeting and film rooms, a weight room, a nutrition "oasis" and a players lounge with a pool table, a kitchen area, a plasma TV wall, hot and cold tanks and built in iPads and speakers everywhere. Last year, the program unveiled Pinnacle Bank Arena, an NBA-style venue. Morrow has been on campus to see all the new improvements, he said.

"The University has just elevated construction-wise," said Morrow, who also noted that facilities wouldn't play a huge role in his decision. "It's actually pretty incredible. The whole design and the structure of the building is pretty nice."
Morrow said he hasn't harbored any dreams of specifically playing in the Big Ten, but some of the conference interest has been intriguing. He hoped to visit Minnesota's campus while in town, but wasn't able to speak with or visit any of the coaches because it's an NCAA dead period in recruiting.
But after watching a handful of Minnesota games on TV and early conversations with the Gophers staff -- which offered him in late April -- Morrow is considering returning next month.
"[Coach Richard Pitino] really wants me to get down there to check out the facilities," he said. "I [think] I could fit into their program. They play more of an uptempo game, they get up and down. The coach seems like he's a great person to be around. I said I would like to get down and visit."

Link

The only thing keeping him from being a top 50 guy (Maybe even higher) is that he is around 6'6...

He was 6'6" 170 as a SO, he is now 6'7" 210. He is still growing and still has another year of High School. And if he continues to play at this level, he will move up.

Wow! I have not seen him listed as 6'7 yet but I have not really looked as of late...If and it is a big if...if he checks in at 6'8, a legit 6'8, this kid will move way way way up.

From Journal Star article: Morrow, who recently turned 17, said he’s still growing, that he’s gone from 6-foot-6 at the start of last season, to his current 6-7½.“I still feel like my body is still developing and growing up and maturing,” said Morrow, who weighs about 215 pounds. “When I was born, my parents told me the doctor said I would be 6-11.

I hope becomes a HUSKER!

From Journal Star article: Morrow, who recently turned 17, said he’s still growing, that he’s gone from 6-foot-6 at the start of last season, to his current 6-7½.“I still feel like my body is still developing and growing up and maturing,” said Morrow, who weighs about 215 pounds. “When I was born, my parents told me the doctor said I would be 6-11.

I hope becomes a HUSKER!

If he gets to 6'11 he will only play college ball for one year! ha!

This kid has a crazy motor and dunks everything...he rebounds like a beast...He has no outside game and isn't much of a dribbler but that is not really his game. He is going to get major press at Simeon this year. They are pretty loaded with a top 60 recruit in DJ Williams (Illini commit)...

I do think, this is just a guess, that Morrow might not be the NU lean that he was about 3 months ago...Robert Smith (Coach of Simeon) is not a huge fan of his kids committing early, he loves getting as many kids scholarships as he can so he loves having college coaches sniffing around as long as possible. DJ Williams was a surprise commit to the Illini that early. The longer Morrow waits the more teams will be after him.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

6'7 Ed Morrow is Chicago Public League's next Dom:

Well kids with that kind of highlight tape don't usually end up at Nebraska. Hopefully this one is different. He would make an impact immediately.

Our only hopes is NU ties.

But that is a HUGE tie-in.

Still believe we are the ones to beat.