The great Bo debate

Redux

After waking from my nap, I cant disagree with you, nobody wants a program with a new head coach every 3-5 years, that said I would be willing to bet money if Bo gets to a conference championship, and wins. BCS bowl either way, win or lose, he leaves on his own. He may love the kids, but he doesn't love the college, its chancellor, media, and he sure as heck don't like the fans. But its all he's got right now. I don't think you will see him here for the next 10-20 years. He also should talk to coach Miles on how to get a signature win and continue to show improvement. Yeah I know, the 30 point beat down Ohio st. gave us earlier. Those are the things that keep people in your corner, even if you don't win CCS and get to a BCS bowl. Its called improvements. not six years of getting throttled by 50 points 3-4 times a year, bad play calling, penalties, fumbles, etc. etc. you all know the drill.

Notice I said nothing about a national championship, not only would that be Hi-lari-ous to mention, Its also that, not all of us entitle-ist expect that every year or even every 10-15 years.

After waking from my nap, I cant disagree with you, nobody wants a program with a new head coach every 3-5 years, that said I would be willing to bet money if Bo gets to a conference championship, and wins. BCS bowl either way, win or lose, he leaves on his own. He may love the kids, but he doesn't love the college, its chancellor, media, and he sure as heck don't like the fans. But its all he's got right now. I don't think you will see him here for the next 10-20 years. He also should talk to coach Miles on how to get a signature win and continue to show improvement. Yeah I know, the 30 point beat down Ohio st. gave us earlier. Those are the things that keep people in your corner, even if you don't win CCS and get to a BCS bowl. Its called improvements. not six years of getting throttled by 50 points 3-4 times a year, bad play calling, penalties, fumbles, etc. etc. you all know the drill.

Notice I said nothing about a national championship, not only would that be Hi-lari-ous to mention, Its also that, not all of us entitle-ist expect that every year or even every 10-15 years.

I just don't get all the assumptions that go along with this board. I mean, you sit here and say Bo doesn't like the college, chancellor, media and "sure as heck don't like the fans", but besides an audio tape, your just giving your own opinion. I don't think Bo hates us, as this audio tape had just started recording after Dirk royally pissed him off. Have we not said things we never meant? I guess some people are just that damn perfect and its never happened to them before. The only part I agree with, is the media part. Do you blame him? I can't stand them. Also for the record, I can't stand some of our fan base either.

You also state 6 years of getting throttled by 50 points 3-4 times a year, but not once did we have an opponent score more than 41 this year. Only UCLA and MSU scored that many on us, other than that, 34 points were the next two highest scores. Talk to Miles how to get a signature win? Are you kidding me? You must be forgetting about all the other wins Bo has had.

If Bo didn't like it here, he would be gone and coaching elsewhere. There are a LOT of schools out there, even higher tier ones, who would love to have the consistency Bo has given us with the amount of talent he has worked with.

Tom is not the only reason Pelini is still here. There is more than one high profile decision maker not named Tom Osborne that is firmly in Pelini's corner. Pelini is not on the hot seat now, and barring off the field issues or a losing record, Pelini is and will be the coach at the University of Nebraska.

If you're speaking of Mr Hawks, you might want to research his history with Tom Osborne.

We were competetive with a terribly young defense and a lost 4 year starting QB, I dont think we got blown out or were throttled once in 2013

UCLA throttled us. Once they turned it on it was frickin over on both sides of the ball. But yes, youre correct on account of the other 3 losses. Folks sometimes get blinded by the final score, how the Mich St game was 41-21 late, and how the Iowa game was a 21 point game, and they forget that each of those games were on possession games still in question well into the 4th quarter. Then they make a play, get a score, and then another in garbage times that's essentiallly meaningless. If WE make the play, we probably win the game. So those games were anything but blowouts.

• Fire 2

We were competetive with a terribly young defense and a lost 4 year starting QB, I dont think we got blown out or were throttled once in 2013

UCLA throttled us. Once they turned it on it was frickin over on both sides of the ball. But yes, youre correct on account of the other 3 losses. Folks sometimes get blinded by the final score, how the Mich St game was 41-21 late, and how the Iowa game was a 21 point game, and they forget that each of those games were on possession games still in question well into the 4th quarter. Then they make a play, get a score, and then another in garbage times that's essentiallly meaningless. If WE make the play, we probably win the game. So those games were anything but blowouts.

Exactly. We claim an essential Shutout of Purdue but can't take it because of the nonsensical TD they got when the game was essentially over. The garbage time scores in MSU and Iowa (both games I attended :dunno ) meant nothing to me as far as competetiveness is concerned. One different play or two and it could've gone either way. The real story for Iowa was we were relying on our 3rd string QB making his 1st ever start.

UCLA though, did get ugly. But the fact we were up the way we were with momentum on our side just reflects what we were capable of. The passion and drive of that motivated Bruin squad can't be denied though. Had they not had such a motivational tragedy to perform at top speeds for, they may have never gotten back in that game. But alas the adjustments they made were as close to perfection as it comes.

That UCLA game was the acme of our season, and possibly the nadir. The high point of 2013 occurred midway through the second quarter, the low point (when we knew it was just going to be SSDY) was midway through the third quarter. All in the span of about 15 game minutes we went from up 18 to down 10. The stadium went from as loud as I've ever heard it to nearly silent.

Up 21-3 it seemed like, finally, this was the year they put it together. And that place was ROCKING - there was a certain reverberation to the sound that I've never experienced before there, the promise of the East Stadium Expansion come to fruition, maybe. We were loud, in the game, excited, everyone happy with everything.

Four straight UCLA possessions, four straight touchdowns (excluding their end-of-half possession in the 2nd quarter). And that was that.

• Fire 3

That UCLA game was the acme of our season, and possibly the nadir. The high point of 2013 occurred midway through the second quarter, the low point (when we knew it was just going to be SSDY) was midway through the third quarter. All in the span of about 15 game minutes we went from up 18 to down 10. The stadium went from as loud as I've ever heard it to nearly silent.

Up 21-3 it seemed like, finally, this was the year they put it together. And that place was ROCKING - there was a certain reverberation to the sound that I've never experienced before there, the promise of the East Stadium Expansion come to fruition, maybe. We were loud, in the game, excited, everyone happy with everything.

Four straight UCLA possessions, four straight touchdowns (excluding their end-of-half possession in the 2nd quarter). And that was that.

That game is what finally popped my bubble. It convinced me that things are never going to change under Pelini, and the rest of the season simply confirmed it, even when we find creative ways to win and lose. It is what it is.

That game is what finally popped my bubble. It convinced me that things are never going to change under Pelini, and the rest of the season simply confirmed it, even when we find creative ways to win and lose. It is what it is.

I think it was for a lot of people. I don't know if I jumped after UCLA or Minnesota. I was always skeptical, but those two (and the HC decision to not only play Taylor, but leave him in the game) put me solidly in the "this is as good as it's going to be" camp.

UCLA was meh for me. Just kinda "whatever". The only disturbing part about the UCLA game was that I was more shocked and nervous when we were up 21-3 than I was when it all fell apart. I was pacing the house, nervous as hell hoping and praying we could hang on. I had a 2 day old baby in the house and I just didnt have time for that sh#t once it went downhill.

The Minnesota game really hurt. And I became pretty vocal after that about being in disgust of Bo and the decision to play Martinez. I know I know, the defense was horrible yada yada. But after the progress that had been made and to see the team lay an egg like that up there. I was mad. I went into a phase of bitching about pretty much everything. The Michigan St loss wasnt that big of a deal. Especially as strong as they finished. We gashed their defense pretty good and it was a one possession game well into the 4th quarter. And then after the Iowa, I just had this eery, exhaused, apathetic feeling. Like I was happy the season and this emotionally draining roller coaster was over.

You read my mind. Being up against UCLA was nerveracking compared to the downslide of their comeback. Being at MSU was frustrating because we were capable of winning it but couldnt control the ball field or clock. Iowa was somewhat bittersweet. It ended the rollercoaster season on a down note but it did add some much needed fire to a supposed rivalry. Luckily I only had to listen to the Minnysoda game on the radio. That was when I kinda quit on the year being anything special, a division crown wasnt gomna happen.