(2014) JUCO PG Trey Dickerson [Iowa - Signed LOI]

Very true. Benny has been awesome. I said to my wife last night after the tie up, How happy is Tim Miles right now for Benny sticking it out and coming back.

I could see Benny starting next year and Tai & Nate playing the other guard position. Can't be any worse than Ray.

IF we pick up a bona fide point guard, i'd like to see Tai consider taking a redshirt to mature and adjust to this level/style of play.

Very true. Benny has been awesome. I said to my wife last night after the tie up, How happy is Tim Miles right now for Benny sticking it out and coming back.

I could see Benny starting next year and Tai & Nate playing the other guard position. Can't be any worse than Ray.

Starting line up next year as I see it right now:

Parker

Webster (Hawkins come in and playing good minutes

Pitchford

Petteway

Smith (Hopefully Hammond can come in and play good minutes)

Hopefully Fuller can spell Petteway and Pitchford when needed.

EDIT-----------

OK....Problem. It was pointed out that I left out quite possibly my favorite player on the team.....Shields.

Now...looking at this, I don't know what 5 I would start. I think Pitchford, Petteway and Shields obviously have earned starting no matter what. Then you have:

Parker (more natural point guard and love his defense)

Webster (that could prove himself to be really good if in the right position)

Smith/Hammond(NEED a big guy in the middle to step up and not just be a fill in off the bench)

I guess I will make a change and go with

Parker

Shields

Pitchford

Petteway

Smith (hopefully Hammond can come in and play significant minutes)

Now, I think we see Webster play more minutes than he has this year and we have a really good rotation where he can come in and spell Shields and Petteway when needed. I always pictured that he was supposed to be able to drive and score like those two. I have no idea what you do if Smith or Hammond prove they can be the player we need in there.

Wow...this is a confusing post.

Parker

Pitchford

Petteway

Where's shields

Parker

Pitchford

Petteway

Where's shields

HOLLY CRAP!!!!! How in the hell could have I missed him?

I'll fix it with the original post

You wonder what turned him off about the Huskers and fans ?

Unless he's just more comfortable playing for an incendiary coach and being part of a 10 man rotation that collectively can't find a way to finish games ?

Anyway, good luck to him and we mutually look forward to hosting him and his teammates at the Vault.

In a way you almost have to take his comments as a compliment. who would have ever thought at the beginning of the season when An Iowa commit was asked who he would be most excited to play and the answer is Nebraska and the fans lol!! Pretty cool stuff, just hope we don't regret backing off if that was truly the case.

• 11 months later...

@HuskerExtraBR: Chose Iowa over Nebraska. RT "@ScottDochterman: Confirmed: Iowa guard Trey Dickerson plans to transfer. University release coming shortly

We caught a major break on this kid. I believe it is a Biggs style situation.

Biggs was a better player than Dickerson, and Biggs was for disciplinary actions. Trey just wasn't what Iowa thought he was going to be; he's 3rd string.