Signed - OT Matt Farniok

Player: Matt Farniok
Hometown: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
School: Washington
Position: Offensive Tackle
Height: 6-7
Weight: 305
40 time: 5.18
Offers: Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Vanderbilt, Washington St.
Visits: BRW '14; 9/20/14 vs. Miami; 1/24/15; 4/6/15 - spring practice; 11/27/15 vs. Iowa

O8n7o.png

Twitter

Rivals: #35 OT; :star :star :star
247: #129 Overall; #14 OT; :star :star :star :star
Scout: #26 OT; :star :star :star
ESPN: #257 Overall; #21 OT; :star :star :star :star

Hudl

Visited for the Miami game

After his Miami visit, Farniok said it is still early in his recruiting to make a decision, but Nebraska will be a team in the hunt when he gets into it more after his season.

Visited for the Miami game

After his Miami visit, Farniok said it is still early in his recruiting to make a decision, but Nebraska will be a team in the hunt when he gets into it more after his season.

The more he visits before he can visit OU the better. Really need to sell proximity, frankly a must get considering how close he is to Lincoln.

Former teammate Nate Gerry doing well the last couple games has to help. We are looking really good at guard going forward. Need some tackles to go along. This would be a great one.

Coach Cav supposed to be visiting today.

Excellent. Need to lock this kid up. Frankly I'm surprised he's not coming to Lincoln this weekend.

We need tackles badly. If I'm remembering correctly we have only recruited 1 for each of the last 2 years (14) and (so far in 15). I hope after the "15" kids are signed, our coaches can hit Matt hard and get him in Husker Scarlet.

We need tackles badly. If I'm remembering correctly we have only recruited 1 for each of the last 2 years (14) and (so far in 15). I hope after the "15" kids are signed, our coaches can hit Matt hard and get him in Husker Scarlet.

We only got Gates last year (and he may end up inside) but we got Finnin and Johnson the year before - although Finnin is a JUCO - plus Hannon was listed as a T during recruiting but has also moved inside.

We only got Gates last year (and he may end up inside) but we got Finnin and Johnson the year before - although Finnin is a JUCO - plus Hannon was listed as a T during recruiting but has also moved inside.

Knevel

He's the type of close to home talent we have to lock up. We really shouldn't allow somebody with the talent of Farniok to slip away. Plus, we're in need of some tackles. So please, Matt, jump on board!

• Upvote 1

He's the type of close to home talent we have to lock up. We really shouldn't allow somebody with the talent of Farniok to slip away. Plus, we're in need of some tackles. So please, Matt, jump on board!

A lot of people that say they are in the "know" are saying an offer and showing that we want him will make Farniok 'N', but my sources say otherwise. If we are his biggest offer he would want to come here. If there are any bigger fish, he's gone. Most notably SEC offers.

A lot of people that say they are in the "know" are saying an offer and showing that we want him will make Farniok 'N', but my sources say otherwise. If we are his biggest offer he would want to come here. If there are any bigger fish, he's gone. Most notably SEC offers.

Getting in early never hurts.

He will get bigger offers but this is a kid that Nebraska needs to get, on proximity alone.T

he more he gets on campus, and this weekend is a good start, the better our chances are. I'm of the mind if Pelini offered his older brother Derek, who would have come to Lincoln, Matt would be all but a lock imho.