Corn Nation takes a look at recruiting under Bo

Saunders

What these make me think is that 1 Ameer Abdullah makes up for 2 of every bust.

1 Dennard makes up for 2 jay Guys.

In other words, sooooo much production from 4-6 players who played 3-4 yrs is probably more normal than a bunch of 2-3 star players just playing averagely.

So, a truly magical season or three is when one or two classes in a row have 8-10 players playing above their pay grade so to speak.

I mean really, one guy like Suh or Tommie Frazier can make a huge huge difference. Even if there are busts and misses.

• Fire 1

That 2010 defensive line class...woof.

How far into mediocrity have we fallen when we are recruiting dogs you guys

Youre trying too hard

ok funny guy show me how it's done

the problem is that recruiting dogs is not inherently funny. air bud was an incredible wide out.

and take it from me, what really is not funny is getting cut from a team to make room for a dog.

Interesting stats from the Big Ten Mailbag today, stars really don't mean sh#t for the most part.

Ashley [via mobile]: With signing day approaching, I did some research I thought I'd share. Of the 53 non special teams players on either the media or coaches first or second team all B1G teams, they averaged 3.13 stars. One 5 star (Spence), six 2 stars, and two (Abbredaris and SJB) weren't even given ratings. Thoughts?

Brian Bennett: Does not surprise me. That's why I don't pay too much attention to recruiting rankings. Hunger and work ethic have so much to do with a player's development. Guys like Abbrederis, SJB and Darqueze Dennard would barely even have been mentioned on signing day when their careers began, they were such afterthoughts.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bigten&id=95255

Interesting stats from the Big Ten Mailbag today, stars really don't mean sh#t for the most part.

Ashley [via mobile]: With signing day approaching, I did some research I thought I'd share. Of the 53 non special teams players on either the media or coaches first or second team all B1G teams, they averaged 3.13 stars. One 5 star (Spence), six 2 stars, and two (Abbredaris and SJB) weren't even given ratings. Thoughts?

Brian Bennett: Does not surprise me. That's why I don't pay too much attention to recruiting rankings. Hunger and work ethic have so much to do with a player's development. Guys like Abbrederis, SJB and Darqueze Dennard would barely even have been mentioned on signing day when their careers began, they were such afterthoughts.

http://m.espn.go.com...bigten&id=95255

Yep just look at Russell Wilson, a 2 star prospect coming out of high school and now he has a super bowl ring in his 2nd NFL season. Khalil Mack's only offer was from Buffalo and now he's a potential top 10 pick. Just like the NFL draft recruiting is not a perfect science that's why it's important to look at tape and see how these players are on the field rather than just looking at 40 times at these Showcase camps