It's Good to be the AD

Mavric

Shawn Eichorst, who’s been a BCS-level athletic director for just under three years, made more than just about every other athletic director in the country, too. According to the USA Today, Eichorst has the nation’s fifth highest base salary at $1,123,000. He was No. 2 in the Big Ten, just behind Wisconsin mentor Barry Alvarez, who also coached the Badger football team in the 2013 Rose Bowl. Eichorst’s contract calls for $973,000 per year, but he received a one-time $150,000 bump for moving expenses between his previous home in Miami (Fla.) and Lincoln. His $973,000 base would put him at No. 10 on the list in a different year.

USA Today reports that Eichorst doesn’t have a bonus structure in his contract, so some athletic directors paid less in base salary could finish with higher salaries if teams in the department performed well in athletic and academic arenas. The highest-paid athletic director, Vanderbilt’s David Williams at $3,329,678, has multiple roles at the school, including Vice Chancellor of University Affairs.

OWH Article

USA Today Listing

I wonder if that $150k was a stipulation from Eichorst or if NU offered that.

it's pretty standard. i worked at a company that recruited execs - almost all made more than SE - and every one of their contracts included relocation expenses that covered not just the move, but the expense of maintaining multiple properties during the period they were listed.

If anyone has issues with the money Bo is making they should also take issue with the money that Shawn is making. He's one of the highest paid AD's with almost no experience. He was hired on potential just like Bo. He's also made some pretty big errors this year PR wise that someone in his positions shouldn't make as well as with the relationships with his top two mens coaches. That being said. I understand he's got a hard job. He's also in an uncomfortable position at the moment and probably doing some things outside his core belief system. I don't think that makes it 100% excusable but its probably reality.

• Fire 1