QB Joe Burrow [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

If he has offers from OSU and Alabama wouldn't he be considered "high end?" It just doesn't seem like he is on the Staffs's priority list.

I'm not convinced he has those offers.

Unless by OSU and Alabama he meant ISU and Cincinatti...

No services show any interest in Alabama, let alone an offer.

That was my point. I think he is a fringe option. I would love to have a stud legacy recruit come in and be the face of the team because it adds a similar investment in the brand intangible the in-staters bring, but unfortunately it just doesn't seem like he is a plan A guy for the staff. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Once again, we didn't offer Darlington til May, Stanton til June. Plenty of time to get a QB in the fold.

His brother claims those offers, not me. It's funny that posters think they more than his own brother thou. Btw his brothers first post admitted he was Jamie Burrow his brother (who played here) I'm not trying to be wifi and claim info I read somewhere else as my own, and I doubt his brother feels the need to lie about it.

The thing that doesn't fit to me is why aren't they reported? It's one thing to have an offer that nobody knows about but if his brother is saying it, surely one of the sites would pick up on that and try to find out. Just doesn't make sense to me. Where did you see his brother say that, by the way. Just curious.

Edit: What I'm saying is it seems much more likely that OSU and Alabama have talked to him - as we have - but not actually "offered" him yet.

The thing that doesn't fit to me is why aren't they reported? It's one thing to have an offer that nobody knows about but if his brother is saying it, surely one of the sites would pick up on that and try to find out. Just doesn't make sense to me. Where did you see his brother say that, by the way. Just curious.

Edit: What I'm saying is it seems much more likely that OSU and Alabama have talked to him - as we have - but not actually "offered" him yet.

This is what I think as well. His brother could have just been confused or misspoke.

Anyway, his brother mentioned this on the 247 forum IIRC. Recruits do not report offers sometimes, DII schools and such. However, I don't see a recruit not reporting offers from OSU or Alabama.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to cry if he goes to tosu and does great things. He's going to be a thorn in our side in a few years... I've got a bad feeling about this. Dillman better win the Heisman.

I said in another thread that I'm not completely sold on Dillman and would've loved to see us take another QB with this class. Burrow could've been that guy but I don't think you get two high caliber QBs like that to commit to the same team in the same class.

Is is possible we showed interest here but he declined to go any further after seeing our QB depth chart? I know OSU has an elite guy committing every year also but maybe Urb promised him something whereas we promised a chance to compete.

@Sean_Callahan: There was a point where Nebraska could've probably got Burrow, but they never showed interest or offered. Ohio State just offered today.