QB Joe Burrow [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Urb.

If Urb has that much influence and can make him forget about Beck's rumored slight, did we ever have a real chance?

Clester Johnson Sr talked about Nebraska's recruitment of CJ Johnson Jr with DB today. He explained how Barney and Bo were hyped for CJ, but during the Husker summer camp, Barney brought Clester Sr over to talk with Beck. Beck, in turn, yelled in Barney's face about how he was too busy for that, all with Clester Sr standing right there. That ended CJ's interest with Nebraska right there.

That story mirrors the notion of Beck "big-timing" recruits he doesn't have an interest in.

Now, with Burrow, he committed to Urban and Ohio St long before Beck entered the story. That means Burrow evaluated the opportunity Ohio St offered and liked it. When Beck was hired, Urban's job became reassuring Burrow nothing has changed from Ohio St's end, in terms of interest and opportunity.

Beck was a footnote in Burrow's commitment to Ohio St but would have played a big role in his recruitment at Nebraska.

Remember a few years ago when Beck supposedly had jaw surg and the reason given was his jaws didn't align properly causing him headaches? I'm not too sure Barney wasn't the main reason Tim Becks jaws didn't align.

I'm just saying, the position isn't shot. There's no guarantee he'd ever see a snap here either. Is Darlington really that bad or is it all purely speculation at this point.

Reports put him distant 5th string
to be fair, how much work did he really get? It was clear the coaches held him back to allow extra healing time. Not sure I would still risk it if I were him, but he was one of the higher recruited QB's in HS up intil he got hurt. BO and Co had to beat Urban Meyer out for him. It will be interesting to see what he does IF he continues on this year.

Armstrong will be the starter he has too much experience and the drive to be successful, if Ameer says he is a leader he will continue that no matter the coach and learn like great QBs do. The backup is always the favorite to the fans when the starter makes a mistake. Accept it and believe in. Tommy. He will succeed.