GT: Nebraska at Northwestern - 12PM - ESPNU

No Smith today or very little the way it sounded. Wasn't able to see the game but was reading tweets and saw stats. Did they just take him out or what? Also, it seems one big element that we are missing is Tai not being able to create or score off his dribble. Hopefully he gets it figured out.

Only played 13 minutes. 0-1; 0-2, 1 rb. Seems like his confidence is down a little bit since earlier in the year.

I would not put too much into it, as Pitchford had a nice game. Miles said playing time will change from game to game.

Do people see Pitchford becoming a force on the inside? When he was recruited, I thought that is where he would spend his time, but, he plays more of a strong forward/shooting guard instead of a post/center type player. Honestly, thinking back I can't think of seeing him get the ball inside, make a move and score points. I'm sure he has, but it hasn't been a major part of his game.

Do people see Pitchford becoming a force on the inside? When he was recruited, I thought that is where he would spend his time, but, he plays more of a strong forward/shooting guard instead of a post/center type player. Honestly, thinking back I can't think of seeing him get the ball inside, make a move and score points. I'm sure he has, but it hasn't been a major part of his game.

Doesn't even like playing inside. Is only doing it because of our lack of size and depth there. Much more natural and comfortable as a 4.

Chris Collins, former Duke player and assistant, is drawing Big Ten and even national coach of the year chatter for remaking his team in the middle of the season to become a contender.

<snip>

Note to coaches and athletic directors everywhere: Take Collins' “essence of coaching” quote and hang it in your locker room. Those are words to remember.

—Lee Barfknecht. (Written just before we beat NW on their homecourt.)

Anyone else catch this flattering article Lee Barfknecht wrote about Northwestern's basketball coach, Chris Collins? It was published in the OWH a few days before Tim Miles' Huskers beat NW on their homecourt.

:rollin