Nathan Gerry changing positions?

Saw that. I REALLY like him at Safety. Has the speed and tackling ability to make plays - something we've been short on at Safety for several years. Hopefully he gets in the mix a lot this year - he and Alexander would be a great pairing for the next three years.

Coop is still around and is by far our best Safety now and best one we've had in a long time. Really think hes gonna have a special year this year.

But do like it for the future.

His move to "linebacker" was always blown a little out of proportion anyways. They put him up there for mainly two reasons...

1) They needed his speed against the spread-based teams early on.

2) They really did not quite know exactly what they had and what the best personnel combos would be early on with so many new starters and young guys.

He may have been technically a linebacker by name, but his role was mostly as a dime back, and when we started defending more conventional teams, his number of plays seemed to go down substantially.

I like him at Safety. And let's get Charles Jackson to the nickel where he probably belongs. Obviously he couldnt grasp the safety spot as hoped, becuase he still hasnt gotten on the field as we're hoping.

• Fire 1

I know Cooper is still here another year - that's why I said I hope Gerry is in the mix this year. But I'm not nearly convinced about Cooper as most seem to be. I'm sure Cooper will play most of the time but I think we'll see a lot more dynamic safety play the following two years with Alexander and Gerry.

His move to "linebacker" was always blown a little out of proportion anyways. They put him up there for mainly two reasons...

1) They needed his speed against the spread-based teams early on.

2) They really did not quite know exactly what they had and what the best personnel combos would be early on with so many new starters and young guys.

He may have been technically a linebacker by name, but his role was mostly as a dime back, and when we started defending more conventional teams, his number of plays seemed to go down substantially.

I like him at Safety. And let's get Charles Jackson to the nickel where he probably belongs. Obviously he couldnt grasp the safety spot as hoped, becuase he still hasnt gotten on the field as we're hoping.

I think they moved CJ back to Safety hoping he could take spot opposite Coop but didnt work out and LAlex was pretty good. I think they have wanted him to be Nickel but nobody was overtaking Evans so moved him to Safety this year just hoping to get him on the field.

This shouldn't be any surprise to anyone. I mean he was a decent LB, but all year there have been people stating he should be our Nickel guy when Ciante is gone, or go back to Safety. Even at season's end there was talk from coaches about moving him back to Safety.

The good thing, he has experience in the middle at the collegiate level, which should give him good adjustment calls in the secondary. He is a bright and talented kid. I don't see doing anything but excelling at the Safety position.