Former Nebraska Kicker Says He Was Openly Gay, Loved By Teammates

GSG

Now we need to expand our reading of scripture back a few verses. Let's start with Matthew 7: 1 and continue through verse five this time.

For people who claim to follow Jesus, it's astounding how little of his teaching they actually follow, or seem to know.

Another great passage for those struggling with their right/obligation/moral high ground/arrogance/whatever in judging "those sinners" is Matthew 5: 15.

Or you could just skip a few gospels down and read John 8: 7. And read it again the next time you want to talk about "others who... sin." And then read it again.

And then read it again.

I think you misunderstand my position. A gay persons sin is no worse than mine, but when you want protected status for your sin, you end up using the govt to infringe upon others rights. If you don't believe me, go read about the christian baker in Washington who is being sanctioned by the state because they don't want to provide a wedding cake for a same sex marriage.

This is not just an unfortunate unintended consequence of these laws, this is exactly what the leftists behind these ordinances want, to drive, or more accuratly, BULLY, christians out of business &the public square.

They have the same standing as others who define themselves by their sin. Go to a job interview and proclaim yourself to be a gambling, boozing whoremonger and let me know if you get the job

What does the Bible say about gambling? Must have missed that reference.

Either way, I can't explain how wrong you are and how discouraging it is to see you only focus on obvious, deliberate, cultural "no no" types of sin as examples.

Do people that co-habitate and ignore purity before marriage get denied rights and jobs?

How about gluttons? Do the family members that eat more than anyone else at Thanksgiving get treated differently?

Do gossiping housewives get paid less because of the fact that they are gossipers?

It's my understanding that the most benefitted people in America are people that are driven by greed and the worship of power, are they not?

What about grumblers? I don't know if I've ever seen a person prone to grumbling be institutionally be persecuted against.

Can you give me an example of the oppression of people who don't Sabbath?

Aren't women that flaunt their sexuality and physical appearance the most celebrated kinds of women today? Where's the unfair treatment of women who don't exercise modesty?

Heterosexuals that remarry a new partner after a divorce are given such unfair treatment in our country damn.

Are women getting abortions given lesser standing?

I've been trying to figure out how the unjust treatment plays out of all of our citizens that worship and idolize rock stars and celebrity athletes.

• Fire 1

A gay persons sin is no worse than mine, but when you want protected status for your sin, you end up using the govt to infringe upon others rights.

Here is where you are mistaken and lacking love.

Gay people don't want protected status for their sin. They want protected status for their existence as human beings.

• Fire 4

Now we're equating the persecution gays suffer in America to that of Christians. Good grief.

There are actually several bakers in several states who have run afoul of discrimination laws in this regard. They base their refusal to provide cakes for gays on their religion.

The same religion that prohibits premarital sex - yet I must be missing the stories of bakers refusing to bake cakes for adulterers.

The same religion that prohibits idolatry - yet I seem to be missing the stories of bakers refusing to bake cakes for those who put money or possessions ahead of god.

In fact, the ONLY stories I'm seeing are about this one "sin."

It isn't a matter of persecution against Christians. It's about hypocrites cloaking themselves in religion to persecute gays.

• Fire 4

A gay persons sin is no worse than mine, but when you want protected status for your sin, you end up using the govt to infringe upon others rights.

Here is where you are mistaken and lacking love.

Gay people don't want protected status for their sin. They want protected status for their existence as human beings.

Great point landlord. On the plus side, it doesn't matter what Dbqgolfer thinks. In 15-20 years we're all going to look back at this time period and think about how backward and outdated we were. I'm sure we'll think about not allowing gay rights in a similar way to how we view laws that banned interracial marriage/rights for women, etc.

Just like now, there were people who thought those laws protected the integrity of our country. Luckily golfer is in a rapidly shrinking minority.

• Fire 1

Then are not polygamists and those who engage in interfamily sexual relations not people needing love and protected status. You know, the one's you judgementally called perverts.

I've never understood why polygamy is illegal, so long as it is among consenting adults, who gives a crap? That said, the problem with polygamy, is that it frequently involves men using some sort of pretend religious authority to demand an underage girl marry a 30 to 40 year old guy who's sick of his old wife. To equate this circumstance to gay adults hoping to marry (and not lose their jobs for it) shows a staggering ignorance on the topic.

• Fire 1