Imani Cross...

Cross is an inside power runner, he does not have break away speed, but he is tough and durable. he is meat and potatoes, not bread and butter, he will be always in a reserve role, coaches like break away speed in their feature backs...but i still like the kid.

Wow I do not agree with that in the slightest. If Ameer went down I'd be more than OK with Imani. Dude is a beast and is one of the true workers on the team.

coaches like break away speed in their feature backs...but i still like the kid.

Then why did we love Marlon Lucky (his junior year) and Rex Burkhead?

I think this thread is spot on. I've witnessed its critics all through it, but I think Imani Cross could become one of those banger type down-hill runners much like Wisconsin's MO. If Imani gets the rushes, he might heat up as the game continues.

I'll keep seeing his shifty 51 yard TD run in my mind, replaying it in my head, which occurred on November 16, 2013 against Michigan State early in the 3rd quarter - who had one of the very best defenses in the country last year! Cross has got it!!!!! There was nothing Michigan State could do on that play to contain Cross!!!!

I say let's increase his role as this will work to keep Ameer Abdullah healthy through the course of the entire season! They'll make each other better. I-backs Derek Brown and Calvin Jones made each other better 20 years ago or so! We'll see this happen with Cross and Abdullah this year! I think it'll be a good thing.

• Fire 1

Do you know how you aren't supposed to mention a no-hitter in the dugout, else you will jinx the pitcher?...

...I feel the same way about having discussions concerning "too many good players" and being jinxed with injuries. :confucius Mind you, I'm not saying we shouldn't discuss our current fortune, but be aware that depth can vanish rather quickly.

Case in point, two years ago, University of Nebraska Kearney was flush with quarterback options before going through six or seven quarterbacks in one season, including one who got his jaw broke by a wrestler at a party. Three went down in one game.

Second example, remember how the debate on whether Brook Berringer or Tommie Frazier should start was quieted for a time when NEITHER was healthy enough for the Kansas State game and Matt Turman was pressed into service?

I'm hoping we get to the end of the season with two backs at 100%.

Cross is an inside power runner, he does not have break away speed, but he is tough and durable. he is meat and potatoes, not bread and butter, he will be always in a reserve role, coaches like break away speed in their feature backs...but i still like the kid.

Wow I do not agree with that in the slightest. If Ameer went down I'd be more than OK with Imani. Dude is a beast and is one of the true workers on the team.

Absolutely.

Agreed. Not only that, but Ameer doesn't t exactly have great speed either.