Another year to watch the RPI

huskrplaya

Actually we went back because we went 1-2 against The Citadel and I was too busy last week to update. Also, I think it it crazy to how Dartmouth is #1 and 1-2 but it is only because their SOS is #2 but once they play more games their SOS is going to go way down and their RPI will too with that.

After going 1-1 to Northern Colorado but winning a series against UC Irvine we jumped up to these now RPI rankings...

23. Indiana

42. Ohio St.

85. Illinois

87. Iowa

92. Nebraska

120. Michigan St.

123. Minnesota

130. Purdue

175. Michigan

241. Northwestern

249. Penn St.

• 2 weeks later...

i see us going 14-5 over the course of the rest of the regular season... realistically i think with as good as the pitching has been overall i think the bats will get there... we could be looking at 16-3... i think we lose to KSUX and maybe to Creighton... there will inevitably be a day or 2 where the team has a brainfart day.. but this team is good enough it should be getting over the inconsistencies... over the last 9 games they have just found ways to win.If the at bats just produce a bit more offense I think the D will keep this team in games and give them a great shot at getting a 1 or 2 seed in the B1G tourny and giving them an opportunity to win a few games there and possibly win the tourny getting the AB.

• Fire 1

Alriiiiight, after going 4-1 this week and sweeping Minnesota, here is the new RPI with some notable non B1G teams

9. Indiana

17. UNLV

24. Oregon St

36. Nebraska

56. UC Irvine

61. Kansas St

67. Ohio St

95. Illinois

109. Michigan

113. Iowa

122. Creighton

130. Michigan St

147. Minnesota

177. Purdue

181. The Citadel

192. Penn St

234. UNO

268. Northwestern

299. Northern Colorado

Alriiiiight, after going 4-1 this week and sweeping Minnesota, here is the new RPI with some notable non B1G teams

9. Indiana

17. UNLV

24. Oregon St

36. Nebraska

56. UC Irvine

61. Kansas St

67. Ohio St

95. Illinois

109. Michigan

113. Iowa

122. Creighton

130. Michigan St

147. Minnesota

177. Purdue

181. The Citadel

192. Penn St

234. UNO

268. Northwestern

299. Northern Colorado

Washington is top 15-20.

Ugh...those UNO and NW games are really going to bog us down, aren't they...

...and Oregon State and UNLV aren't where I thought they would be, either. Suppose there's still half a season to go, but still...

I'm thinking if we clear 40 and Indiana does the same, we'll be the only two from the B1G to make it to the NCAA tournament, stupid losses or no. And barring any injury or stupidity, your B1G tourney champ will likely be IU or NU as well.

Hate to say it, but IU baseball coming on as it has is one of the few dim lights of collegiate baseball in the B1G. Hopefully Rutgers and/or Maryland offer something when they join next season...

Ugh...those UNO and NW games are really going to bog us down, aren't they...

...and Oregon State and UNLV aren't where I thought they would be, either. Suppose there's still half a season to go, but still...

I'm thinking if we clear 40 and Indiana does the same, we'll be the only two from the B1G to make it to the NCAA tournament, stupid losses or no. And barring any injury or stupidity, your B1G tourney champ will likely be IU or NU as well.

Hate to say it, but IU baseball coming on as it has is one of the few dim lights of collegiate baseball in the B1G. Hopefully Rutgers and/or Maryland offer something when they join next season...

That'd be fine. We still owe them one from last year.