Sacrifice

Sacrifice  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I feel like that is only true half the time. I really think there are people here who would rather see us go 5-7 just so Bo gets fired. Sacrifice to the greater good mentality.

i do not think that is true. i think the real problem is more people not caring if we go 5-7. we were incredibly close to two more losses, michigan was our biggest win, and our 4 losses were not close. a 5-7 season is not out of the realm of possibility, and some people do not pretend that it is not.

As you can see, there are people who are blinded by their disdain for Bo that they would gladly have a losing year.

This is exactly why the negativity irks me so much. Im okay with people being critical, but to have no hope whatsoever, why even follow the program?

• Fire 1

What if Bo does go 5-7 though? that's a sacrifice season cause it resulted in losing.

Did you want it to happen?

The question is would you be willing to go 5-7. Not what if we go 5-7

I think Bo will get there if he keeps the same. Some coordinators aren't cut out for being a head coach. I do believe Bo has hit his ceiling. Yes i would go 5-7 because i don't think Bo can get it done. Other people think he can and that's fine.

So you are hoping we have a losing season? What kind of fan roots against their own team?

A fan that cares more about the program overall than 1 losing season.

What if Bo does go 5-7 though? that's a sacrifice season cause it resulted in losing.

Did you want it to happen?

The question is would you be willing to go 5-7. Not what if we go 5-7

I think Bo will get there if he keeps the same. Some coordinators aren't cut out for being a head coach. I do believe Bo has hit his ceiling. Yes i would go 5-7 because i don't think Bo can get it done. Other people think he can and that's fine.

So you are hoping we have a losing season? What kind of fan roots against their own team?

A fan that cares more about the program overall than 1 losing season.

The day you root against your team is the day you are no longer a fan. There is no coming back.

• Fire 1

The day you root against your team is the day you are no longer a fan. There is no coming back.

lol what? So i guess all those owners who intentionally lose games to get into better position hate their own teams they own right?

Owners like money more than their team.

You have no investment in Husker Football other than your free time. Judging by your comments today I think its a bad investment on your part.

• Fire 1

lol what? So i guess all those owners who intentionally lose games to get into better position hate their own teams they own right?

You have no investment in Husker Football other than your free time. Judging by your comments today I think its a bad investment on your part.

Some owners do. But it's also a strategy.

So your strategy is hope we have a losing season in hopes we can hire a better coach? Your okay with a potential Callahan size setback of a season if it means Bo goes?

What if Bo succeeeds? Will you be content with him as coach?

No, I never want to see the team lose.

I can understand the idea behind, cutting your losses though. If you truly feel that Bo can not do better, can not win the CC, can not recruit to the level needed then I can understand their thoughts.

I never wanted him here, but he is our head coach, I do not want him to lose a game. I truly believe if he were to go 5-7 next year he would be gone, and then we start over. I am too old to see us start over if it can be avoided. I want nothing more to see a Nebraska team of old, where I truly felt deep down in my heart that we had a good chance of walking off the field a winner. I have not felt that since Bo has been here, but have hopes he will make it happen this year.

But sometimes good people are not good coaches, but good coordinators. I think Bo is a much better DC than he is a head coach. But I honestly believe if he were to leave Nebraska for another HC job, he would instantly do better than he has done here. He has learned a lot in the last 6 years. It was too much to ask of him from the start I think. I like his attitude this year and since the bowl game. I really do not think we are going to have to worry about replacing him for failure. As he learns and becomes more comfortable in his job he is going to improve. He has changed a lot since the day he was hired, for me positively, and that is saying a lot for him. I have never been his biggest fan, much closer to the opposite since day one. Just get the house in order Bo, you need to and we need you to.

Wow. Where's the HELL NO option in the voting. You aren't a Husker fan if you ever cheer against them. It's sounds so stupid I can't even make sense of it. Being a Husker fan is what it's all about in my book. Like Bo or not, you don't have to root for Bo, but you do root for the team. Although, if the team is doing better, that means Bo is doing better, and I would be just fine with that. Hope we figure it out soon.

• Fire 1

So your strategy is hope we have a losing season in hopes we can hire a better coach? Your okay with a potential Callahan size setback of a season if it means Bo goes?

What if Bo succeeeds? Will you be content with him as coach?

I want Bo to do better and wouldn't have a problem with as coach! 6 years and not much to show. I think too many people are afraid of life without Bo. I am not.

It's a strategy because an NBA owner can get a primo draft pick if the team tanks, and one star player can turn an NBA team into a contender.

How many draft picks do we get if NU football has a losing season? Does that put us in better position to get the top recruits?

Nobody wanted Callahan to go 5-7, but when it looked that way, people wanted him gone. If Callahan won 10 games a year, he would still be here.

Those of us who aren't enamored with Pelini, or all that optimistic about him, don't want him to lose, we just aren't so sure he'll get any better. Everyone would be happy if he won more. This poll is an overreaction to the bo-liever/bo-leaver debate or #9wins or whatever, but the whole debate really just comes down to people either being happy with Bo and being optimistic, or being disgruntled with him.

Nobody wants him to lose, and we especially don't want to see another 5-7 Husker season evvvverrrr.