Sacrifice

Sacrifice  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Um, please explain how Nebraska going 5-7, firing Bo and starting from scratch is better for the program?

Im curious as to how many people here who are defending Bo to the death actually enjoyed 2007 when the evil BC and Pederson were jettisoned to bring Bo back.

This is not an endorsement of BC or Pederson, just a thought of mine.

Im stil boiling about the Kansas game that year. I didnt like BC. But I never wanted the team to have a losing season. I was really optimistic about 2007 but by the midway point Id lost hope. Didnt mean I wanted us to lose.

So, is it plausible that people who might be open to a coaching change also don't like the current situation, and have lost hope that there is room to improve under the current staff?

You don't have to "hope" for a bad season, but I honestly think a 5-7 season for Nebraska is far more plausible than a 11-1 season at the current point. There's just too many red flags. Doesn't mean I want it to happen.

I get your point. But for me I see 11-1 as more likely than 5-7. Red flags can come from anywhere at anytime. I'm not going to wave them until the season at least starts though.

It's unfortunate if you have lost all hope on the current staff though. There's a lot to like going into the fall, if you can leave the past in the past.

Um, please explain how Nebraska going 5-7, firing Bo and starting from scratch is better for the program?

Im curious as to how many people here who are defending Bo to the death actually enjoyed 2007 when the evil BC and Pederson were jettisoned to bring Bo back.

This is not an endorsement of BC or Pederson, just a thought of mine.

Im stil boiling about the Kansas game that year. I didnt like BC. But I never wanted the team to have a losing season. I was really optimistic about 2007 but by the midway point Id lost hope. Didnt mean I wanted us to lose.

So, is it plausible that people who might be open to a coaching change also don't like the current situation, and have lost hope that there is room to improve under the current staff?

You don't have to "hope" for a bad season, but I honestly think a 5-7 season for Nebraska is far more plausible than a 11-1 season at the current point. There's just too many red flags. Doesn't mean I want it to happen.

I get your point. But for me I see 11-1 as more likely than 5-7. Red flags can come from anywhere at anytime. I'm not going to wave them until the season at least starts though.

It's unfortunate if you have lost all hope on the current staff though. There's a lot to like going into the fall, if you can leave the past in the past.

Oh there is absolutely a ton to like next year. Talent is far from the issue. I just have very serious reservations on if the staff can get them to improve and perform at the level they're all capable of.

Lady I think that is where everyone is at.

Bo is our coach for at least another season. I really have no idea where we are, but have hope. My biggest concern is the Oline, and in honesty do not feel that Tommy is the answer. I am afraid we will run Ameer's legs into the ground. Roster management has and seems to always be a worry. I am hoping by playing the youth last year because of necessity Bo learned more about it. I think he has improved in recruiting, and that is part of roster management.

I agree with Polo on the unlikely event of us going 11 and 1. We seem to find ways to play down to who ever we play.

No one wants to repeat the Clownahan years, but being totally afraid of change is not the answer either. Bo has to accomplish something of meaning this year. The team has to look like they belong in every game. Wins are what most judge a year by. I just want to line up against Miami and Wisconsin and have the feeling that we are going to win, rather than worrying about when we are going to screw the pooch/cat.

Voted no. But if the new coach was, say, Jim Harbaugh or maybe Nick Saban I might reconsider...

I'm a Niner fan, and I like Harbaugh a lot, but believe me there is a ton of rift and rumblings coming out of the Niner front office right now and how they are tired of his act.

Voted no. But if the new coach was, say, Jim Harbaugh or maybe Nick Saban I might reconsider...

I'm a Niner fan, and I like Harbaugh a lot, but believe me there is a ton of rift and rumblings coming out of the Niner front office right now and how they are tired of his act.

True. But it seems like the teams where the front office wields the most control tend to be the shttiest teams.

#DallasCowboys

True. But it seems like the teams where the front office wields the most control tend to be the shttiest teams.

#DallasCowboys

Reports are that he isn't even on speaking terms with the GM anymore.

He always came off to me like he would shake you're hand then shank your kidney when you turned away.

As far as the NU staff not being able to utilize the weapons at their disposal, legitimate concern. We've made some questionable choices in recent years and there is no denying that. But I'm hopeful they have this thing figured out. Maybe it's blind optimism, maybe not. Either way I'm giving them a chance to show it.

He always came off to me like he would shake you're hand then shank your kidney when you turned away.

As far as the NU staff not being able to utilize the weapons at their disposal, legitimate concern. We've made some questionable choices in recent years and there is no denying that. But I'm hopeful they have this thing figured out. Maybe it's blind optimism, maybe not. Either way I'm giving them a chance to show it.

That is a very nice sentiment, but I have seen too many examples of just watching kids play for NU completely sit stagnant in their careers, or even regress. I understand Bo and co wanting them to "get it" on their own, but good God that seems like the biggest copout in the world. These kids committed to Nebraska, you could commit to them a little.

Probably true. But the guy seems to get the most out of his players. He can win.