Sacrifice

Sacrifice  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nobody wanted Callahan to go 5-7, but when it looked that way, people wanted him gone. If Callahan won 10 games a year, he would still be here.

Those of us who aren't enamored with Pelini, or all that optimistic about him, don't want him to lose, we just aren't so sure he'll get any better. Everyone would be happy if he won more. This poll is an overreaction to the bo-liever/bo-leaver debate or #9wins or whatever, but the whole debate really just comes down to people either being happy with Bo and being optimistic, or being disgruntled with him.

Nobody wants him to lose, and we especially don't want to see another 5-7 Husker season evvvverrrr.

husker_99 does. Apparently 2 others do as well. Unreal.

Back down to 2, someone changed their mind.

Edited by 1995 Redux

The day you root against your team is the day you are no longer a fan. There is no coming back.

lol what? So i guess all those owners who intentionally lose games to get into better position hate their own teams they own right?

Owners like money more than their team.

You have no investment in Husker Football other than your free time. Judging by your comments today I think its a bad investment on your part.

Some owners do. But it's also a strategy.

It's a strategy because an NBA owner can get a primo draft pick if the team tanks, and one star player can turn an NBA team into a contender.

How many draft picks do we get if NU football has a losing season? Does that put us in better position to get the top recruits?

It helps in a way that the head coach can't sit around and not do anything. If he wanted to keep his job he would look at the other coaches and see where they underperformed. Usually they get fired and the HC goes out and gets a replacement with experience. The main problem with Bo's staff is experience. A staff that has experience and been around other good programs know how to get the top recruits and what they need for their system.

Um, please explain how Nebraska going 5-7, firing Bo and starting from scratch is better for the program?

Im curious as to how many people here who are defending Bo to the death actually enjoyed 2007 when the evil BC and Pederson were jettisoned to bring Bo back.

This is not an endorsement of BC or Pederson, just a thought of mine.

Um, please explain how Nebraska going 5-7, firing Bo and starting from scratch is better for the program?

Im curious as to how many people here who are defending Bo to the death actually enjoyed 2007 when the evil BC and Pederson were jettisoned to bring Bo back.

Im stil boiling about the Kansas game that year. I didnt like BC. But I never wanted the team to have a losing season. I was really optimistic about 2007 but by the midway point Id lost hope. Didnt mean I wanted us to lose.

Im stil boiling about the Kansas game that year. I didnt like BC. But I never wanted the team to have a losing season. I was really optimistic about 2007 but by the midway point Id lost hope. Didnt mean I wanted us to lose.

So, is it plausible that people who might be open to a coaching change also don't like the current situation, and have lost hope that there is room to improve under the current staff?

You don't have to "hope" for a bad season, but I honestly think a 5-7 season for Nebraska is far more plausible than a 11-1 season at the current point. There's just too many red flags. Doesn't mean I want it to happen.

I want to see improvement but I don't have an exact number for it.

The Nebraska team that beat Michigan in Ann Arbor and hung with Michigan State looked like good enough improvement for me.

Until Iowa. That really screwed the pooch.

I'm gonna withhold judgement on next season until I actually witness next season.

I'm rooting for a breakout season, because why wouldn't I?

If Pelni improves, then he's learned something. If he regresses, he's gone.

If he goes 9-4, we'll all have a good laugh, right?

By the way, you're also obliged to ask the corrolary question: would you feel good about an 11 - 3 season if it buys Bo Pelini another three years?