Sacrifice

Sacrifice  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll admit I was shaken to the core by the Wyoming game. But we won and rebounded the following week. You could see a young Defense growing by the end of the year. Made me remember we were asking ALOT off kids who had never taken the field until that Fall.

Um, please explain how Nebraska going 5-7, firing Bo and starting from scratch is better for the program?

Im curious as to how many people here who are defending Bo to the death actually enjoyed 2007 when the evil BC and Pederson were jettisoned to bring Bo back.

This is not an endorsement of BC or Pederson, just a thought of mine.

I was happy when he was gone, but that doesn't mean i wanted NU to lose after the OSU or aTm or KU games.

I wish I could say that I have been behind this team through my entire life, and Bo Pelini as I have said before IS my emotional roller coaster when it comes to football. I can never decide if I want him to stay or if I want him to go. Thats the nature of his tenure though. He has had great moments and some really really big head scratchers. I guess I was only excited for Billy C to get fired. I was sort of satisfied with the Solich Firing too, but I wasn't even 16 and at that point in life I thought a change was cool.

There is only one guy I want at Nebraska if Bo were to be fired, and it would never happen, plus no one would agree with me anyway. Chip Kelly. I love everything this guy is as a football coach. Philosophy, and how he's all business. No BS. The way he treats the media is an absolutely art. He give short answers, and doesn't expand with coach speak garbage. As for Bo and the Media, I don't care what he says to them. I hate reporting media more than anything else on this planet.

Voted no. But if the new coach was, say, Jim Harbaugh or maybe Nick Saban I might reconsider...

I'm a Niner fan, and I like Harbaugh a lot, but believe me there is a ton of rift and rumblings coming out of the Niner front office right now and how they are tired of his act.

Yeah, I'm a Niner fan, too, and it's hard to get around the suspicion that Harbaugh is a bit of a dick in private, since he also comes off that way in public.

Well, except for the fact that he totally turned the team around and led them to two NFC championship games and a Super Bowl in his first three seasons.

That makes a difference. The Niners aren't THAT tired of his act. He will get his contract extension.

There's a line of limos outside Santa Clara waiting to take Jim Harbach to whatever job he wants. The same's not true for Bo Pelini. But it makes no sense to root against Bo Pelini showing improvement next season. He still has control over this situation. As a Pelini doubter, I'm more than willing to be pleasantly surprised.

Some feel we have already tanked years, with the blow out losses I guess. Those are the most damaging in my mind. I have no problems with 9-4 seasons and most likely could live with them from now on, as long as there were no blow outs, we won what we truly should have and played respectable in the tougher games. I have no visions of this program returning to what it was in the mid 90's. I do not think it is realistic to expect it. But I do believe we should be able to field a team that covers the basics on a regular basis. Bo has failed on that side of the list for me. I do think his image still needs improvement, but being an old jar head, I have heard much worse on a daily basis. My ears still work, well kinda.

I have changed more on my opinion of Bo than anyone else on this board is my guess. He does the things that are truly important to me. I do not see everything being right, and see lots of room for improvement, but he took a job that none of us could truly comprehend. Kept us far above the water line in all aspects. The one thing that bothers me is the fear of firing him. Nebraska can and would hire a good coach, proven with our VB, Women's and Men's basketball coaches, and our base ball coach. If it comes to that, I have very few worries about it. Never be afraid to take a step that has to be taken. Moving forward is always the most important part.

Well, were at 4 users who would accept a tanking year to fire Bo. I may vomit.

you have an extremely sensitive gag reflex.

there is no reason to root against bo because there is no reason bo can't be successful. the issue is if he will do what he needs to to fix the problems that have plagued his program. some think we have seen enough to say he will not, i think that is logically reasonable. but that does not mean that he will not. i think the problem is that bo has not demonstrated he has learned from his mistakes. maybe he has, but is having trouble having those lessons come to fruition. i do not know. but regardless, we have another year to gather more evidence either way.

Yet he will be the coach this year. The question is would you trade a year and finish 5-7 or worse just to simply fire Bo? Has nothing to do with this seasons actual outcome. I dont see any conceivable way we have a losing year in 2014, too much talent. The question doesnt even promise we get a better coach, just a gamble.

Do the 4 people that voted yes really know what they are answering?

This isn't a question of "are you okay with 5-7 as long as the coach gets fired?".

This is a "do you want the team to go 5-7 so the coach gets fired?".

If you are still answering yes to the second question, GTFO because you are not a Husker fan and you can't qualify a yes with any amount of logic.

• Fire 1

This isn't a question of "are you okay with 5-7 as long as the coach gets fired?".

If you are still answering yes to the second question, GTFO because you are not a Husker fan and you can't qualify a yes with any amount of logic.

I think it will happen that Bo goes 5-7 here shortly unless he decides to get outside help. This poll sucks as its design to so people will only answer one way. Half this board doesn't think Bo can get it done. So there would be no point in wanting Bo to succeed if you don't think he can get it done. See the problem isn't the boleavers it's the bolievers. if you disagree with them you are wrong.

I don't think Bo can get it done, but I'd rather see him do it than not. I think the team will continue to lose some stupid ugly games like Wisconsin, Ohio St. and Michigan St., but I don't want them to.

Continuity is important in college football in my opinion, but I also realize that if continuity means 4 losses a season, then that's not the kind of continuity I want. I don't like going through coaching changes but Bo was certainly an upgrade over the last clown. If Bo doesn't get better, then maybe we can upgrade again.

It's not complicated Husker99, so don't try to make it so. This is a question of do you wish the team to fail so Bo gets fired. It's ridiculous that any so called Husker fan would even consider it. You're supposed to be a Husker fan, not a Bo fan, although its fine either way. You have the right to root for Bo or not, but as a Husker, the single requirement is you support the Huskers, or youre not a f'ing Husker......no brainer.

As much as I preach sometimes about Bo-lievers disregarding the good of the team in support of Bo, it goes the other way too. You are clearly disregarding the good of the team in hopes of Bos failure.

It all makes for conversation in the off season, how Bo's career will play out, none of it matters though. He's the coach because the people in charge feel he should be. He will be until those people feel he should be the coach no longer. End of story.

• Fire 1

I think it will happen that Bo goes 5-7 here shortly unless he decides to get outside help. This poll sucks as its design to so people will only answer one way. Half this board doesn't think Bo can get it done. So there would be no point in wanting Bo to succeed if you don't think he can get it done. See the problem isn't the boleavers it's the bolievers. if you disagree with them you are wrong.

I Set the poll up that way to specifically see if there was actually anybody here who would wish that the team loses in the hopes Bo would get fired. Thus far 4 people actually hate Bo enough they will enjoy losses this year. How is that fandom?

Whether your a liever or a leaver were all Husker fans, well except maybe 4 of us.

Edit: The more I think about it of the 4, we know husker_99 would give up a year. The other 3 are probably either fans of other teams or just voted that way to be funny/ironic. Guess that means 99 is the only fan here who actually will cheer if we lose.

.............you're the man............

Edited by 1995 Redux

It's fine if you think he will go 5-7. It's fine if you want him fired afterward. It's not fine, as a fan of a team, to hope your team loses so that there is a "good reason" to fire the coach. Whether you think Bo is the guy to get it done or not, you shouldn't wish that on your team. I would rather go 9-4 with Bo as the coach for the rest of my life than to see one losing season.