NU football vs NU basketball

NU football vs NU basketball  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No need to sacrifice a year in football when Miles will get it done! May not be next year, but with most of our stars only being Sophomores, its possible to happen in two. Great things are in store for all of our sports. Not a single one I am disappointed in so far, with the exception of the downfall we had last year in football.

All I know is that I went to PBA for the first time a couple weeks ago. Now granted, there's a lot of excitement surrounding this basketball program right now, and Miles has infused a lot of renewed energy, but that atomsphere there is something I'd take over a football game's anyday. Football-as much as I just love being there-just has too damn much of a serious business-like feel to it. That basketball game was a show. The overall football production needs to get with it and create the same kind of fun and relaxed atmosphere.

To what do you attribute this lack of fun atmosphere that seems to surround the football team? I ask because I agree. I have said for quite a few years now this football team doesn't seem to have much fun out there. Nebraska football has had a "us against the world" kind of feel to it for quite some time. Just an aura of negativity.......I've found it really strange, but I don't know who or what creates this?

Nebraska basketball, now I know exactly where this positive vibe comes from lately.

All I know is that I went to PBA for the first time a couple weeks ago. Now granted, there's a lot of excitement surrounding this basketball program right now, and Miles has infused a lot of renewed energy, but that atomsphere there is something I'd take over a football game's anyday. Football-as much as I just love being there-just has too damn much of a serious business-like feel to it. That basketball game was a show. The overall football production needs to get with it and create the same kind of fun and relaxed atmosphere.

To what do you attribute this lack of fun atmosphere that seems to surround the football team? I ask because I agree. I have said for quite a few years now this football team doesn't seem to have much fun out there. Nebraska football has had a "us against the world" kind of feel to it for quite some time. Just an aura of negativity.......I've found it really strange, but I don't know who or what creates this?

Nebraska basketball, now I know exactly where this positive vibe comes from lately.

I think part of it is a basketball stadium is just much smaller and packed. And while Nebraska shows up and fills the stadium, we probably lack volume of student body in comparison to other schools...and I've read a lot of people here in the past criticize the placement of the student section, or the sound system, etc. I couldn't comment personally, but I think there are a lot of steps the administration could take to enliven the atmosphere at Memorial.

No, because in my opinion, basketball will become what our baseball team was/is. Great at one point and then back down to mediocre where we barely talk about it anymore.

Football and Volleyball will always be our two top sports (IMO of course).

True, I can all the way back to the 90's to find football games being like this. Aside from the occasional big games ala OU, CU, ND 2001, it always feels like a ho hum type of atmosphere-in comparison of course to my trips to PBA this year. I attribute to a bunch of things actually Blue Hairs. Seriously. We have a lot of older folks in the stadium that just like to sit and watch the game. Which is fine, and is their perogative. I think we also have a lot of folks that like to "pay close attention" to the game, and like to analyze it detail, as opposed to just gettin drunk of their ass and going crazy for 60 minutes and not even understanding why. And lastly, the product on the field. We went from literally being bored most home games to having nothing to cheer about so to speak in such a short period of time, if not instantly, and now we just seem to be stuck in this inconsistent rut, that it feels like the crowd just comes and goes and most times just has not identity. Hard to put words on it, but the atomsphere at these few basketball games just puts football games to shame, especially since football is the flagship and we put some pride and time into it. It's actually rather confusing. Like I said.........

A Football-as much as I just love being there-just has too damn much of a serious business-like feel to it. That basketball game was a show. The overall football production needs to get with it and create the same kind of fun and relaxed atmosphere.

And it goes far beyond just the product on the field doing it's part.