NU football vs NU basketball

NU football vs NU basketball  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really only asked the question to see if Nebraska is somewhat turning into a basketball school in the eyes of the fans. Clearly not after just 1 year. However if Miles sticks around and builds this thing to what it could be, I could definitely see Nebraska turning into a pu&&y state....I mean, Basketball state.

Will literally never happen.

I really only asked the question to see if Nebraska is somewhat turning into a basketball school in the eyes of the fans. Clearly not after just 1 year. However if Miles sticks around and builds this thing to what it could be, I could definitely see Nebraska turning into a pu&&y state....I mean, Basketball state.

Not sure the pu&&y comment was necessary. I'm sure it was a joke and that's how I'm gonna take it but it kinda makes it seem like you think basketball players are soft, which is far from the truth.

• Fire 1

153.gif

Not sure the pu&&y comment was necessary. I'm sure it was a joke and that's how I'm gonna take it but it kinda makes it seem like you think basketball players are soft, which is far from the truth.

I was only half serious because of a bad taste in my mouth about the sport. It bugs me when kids in high school don't go out for football because they don't want to "get hurt for basketball"...

Something we deal with where I am at.

I was only half serious because of a bad taste in my mouth about the sport. It bugs me when kids in high school don't go out for football because they don't want to "get hurt for basketball"...

I don't think you are helping yourself with this follow up

• Fire 1

I don't think you are helping yourself with this follow up

Its my opinion man. Deal with it. The board is full of them. Doesn't mean I'm right or wrong, but I'll state my opinion every time.

I will say there is a difference, clearly, in terms of college players to high school players...

I skipped football my junior season to get ready for basketball. Because I like playing basketball more.

Thats fine. Then say that. I just don't like kids citing getting hurt as a possibility...even if its true. It just screams being scared to me...I mean you could tear your ACL in basketball too. The excuse itself doesn't make sense to me. If someone likes it more and wants to spend more time prepping for it thats perfectly fine.

I skipped football my junior season to get ready for basketball. Because I like playing basketball more.

Thats fine. Then say that. I just don't like kids citing getting hurt as a possibility...even if its true. It just screams being scared to me...I mean you could tear your ACL in basketball too. The excuse itself doesn't make sense to me. If someone likes it more and wants to spend more time prepping for it thats perfectly fine.

I was scared of getting hurt. Not because I'm scared of getting hurt, but because I'm scared that if I get hurt playing the sport I love playing less, I will be unable to play the sport I love playing more. Because I like playing basketball more.

Your argument is kind of weird. Like why does it not make sense that someone would want to avoid a bad fate that would affect their ability to enjoy their love and passion? It's like you're saying, "Well, you might as well have a heart attack alone in a ditch somewhere, because you could have a heart attack at home with your family and kids at any time too!"

Maybe since they like basketball more, they would prefer the risk of tearing an ACL playing that sport instead of during one they like less.

The point is that you made an unfounded and inappropriate comment about basketball and HS kids that prefer to play basketball over football for whatever their reason and you are now trying to qualify it and failing miserably.