Ronda Rousey says she could beat Floyd Mayweather in MMA fight

fact is, if she can get past his hands, and take him down, she's got a shot...

But would he lay her out on the way in...

Let's end this fallacy once and for all regarding boxing vs mma.

When the mma guy tries to get close to grab, the boxer would use his speed and supremely light gloves and the mma fighter does not get back up.

Really? Multiple boxing champion James Tony got his ass handed to him by washed up old man Randy Couture a few years ago. Wasn't even a good fight. MMA is all-around fighting. You put a wrestler like George St. Pierre against a boxer and it is over before it even begins. The boxer will have no idea how to stop a takedown or defend submission moves. Btw heres the only boxer with balls enough to enter the octagon.

• Fire 1

When the mma guy tries to get close to grab, the boxer would use his speed and supremely light gloves and the mma fighter does not get back up.

Really? Multiple boxing champion James Tony got his ass handed to him by washed up old man Randy Couture a few years ago. Wasn't even a good fight. MMA is all-around fighting. You put a wrestler like George St. Pierre against a boxer and it is over before it even begins. The boxer will have no idea how to stop a takedown or defend submission moves. Btw heres the only boxer with balls enough to enter the octagon.

Yes really. When Toney fought mma, he wasn't even remotely close to the fighter he once was.

Equal ranking fighter, champ v champ, it would favor the boxer.

Yes really. When Toney fought mma, he wasn't even remotely close to the fighter he once was.

Equal ranking fighter, champ v champ, it would favor the boxer.

You think old man Couture was?

I would love to see a boxer go up against the Spider Silva as he is now. Can't even imagine the blood bath it would have been when he was in his prime.

Boxing is ONE aspect of MMA. An MMA fighter needs more than one part of his game to be successful in the sport. Wrestlers are very successful in MMA because they have great technique in their takedowns and they are quick as hell. If a boxer goes down, they have no experience in jiu jitsu (which is what Rousey excels at) and its likely over in the matter of seconds.

Do I think she could beat Floyd. No. Do I think GSP can? Hell yes.

Boxing is ONE aspect of MMA. An MMA fighter needs more than one part of his game to be successful in the sport. Wrestlers are very successful in MMA because they have great technique in their takedowns and they are quick as hell. If a boxer goes down, they have no experience in jiu jitsu (which is what Rousey excels at) and its likely over in the matter of seconds.

Do I think she could beat Floyd. No. Do I think GSP can? Hell yes.

Have to agree with this. No way Floyd beats GSP.

Toney isn't the only boxer gone the MMA route, Francois Botha...

Another boxer being submitted in the 1st round. Color me shocked...

http://www.dailymoti...ois-botha_sport

he almost wins this fight, but because Bonjasky gets one kick in at the end, he wins...

That's kickboxing. I was referring to his one MMA fight against Yoshihiro Akiyama. I had to look this guy up bc Ive never heard of him. Looks like he went from boxing to kickboxing and then had one MMA fight.

I watched the Toney Couture fight - everyone said it proved MMA is superior. To me it proved couture is better at his craft than Toney. If MMA has just box what happens - lights out. These are two separate disciplines, Rousey looking for attention.

If MMA had just boxing...itd be boxing. I don't understand what youre trying to say...?

Why would Couture stand and box with Toney knowing that is where he is strongest?

I watched the Toney Couture fight - everyone said it proved MMA is superior. To me it proved couture is better at his craft than Toney. If MMA has just box what happens - lights out. These are two separate disciplines, Rousey looking for attention.

If MMA had just boxing...itd be boxing. I don't understand what youre trying to say...?

Why would Couture stand and box with Toney knowing that is where he is strongest?

Sorry about the confusion. IMO the argument that because an MMA fighter beats a boxer in an MMA match, doesn't prove superiority between the two disciplines.

Early in the fight Couture did try to stand and exchange blows. He took a pretty good shot and took the fight to the mat.