GT: #9 Wisconsin at Nebraska - 6:30PM - BTN

MDX3s5O.png8iSjW3O.pngEG42u7n.png

March 9, 2014

6:30pm CT - BTN

Pinnacle Bank Arena (15,147) - Lincoln, NE

#9 Wisconsin Badgers 25-5, 12-5 (Last: W 76-70 vs Purdue)

vs

Nebraska Cornhuskers 18-11, 10-7 (Last: W 70-60 vs Indiana)

Big Ten Standings

#12 Michigan 15-3, 23-7

#9 Wisconsin 12-5, 25-5

#22 Michigan State 12-5, 23-7

Nebraska 10-7, 18-11

Ohio State 9-8, 22-8

#24 Iowa 9-9, 20-11

Minnesota 7-10, 18-12

Illinois 7-11, 18-13

Indiana 7-11, 17-14

Penn State 6-11, 15-15

Purdue 5-12, 15-15

Northwestern 5-12, 12-18

Head Coaches

Wisconsin Bo Ryan (699-221, 316-118 at Wisconsin)

Nebraska Tim Miles (315-249, 32-29 at Nebraska)

Injury Report

Wisconsin

No injuries to report

Nebraska

No injuries to report

Scouting Wisconsin

Under Coach Bo Ryan, Wisconsin has been one of the Big Ten’s best programs over the past decade. Ryan, who is in his 13th season in Madison, has guided the Badgers to 12 NCAA Tournaments, including five appearances in the NCAA Sweet 16 in his tenure.

The 2013-14 Badgers come into the final weekend of the season with a 25-5 record after a 76-70 victory over Purdue Wednesday evening. Wisconsin is riding an eight-game win streak into the final weekend of Big Ten play. Wisconsin got off to a blistering start, winning its first 16 games, including St. John’s, Florida, Saint Louis, Marquette and Iowa and was ranked third in the country before hitting a rough patch. The Badgers lost five of six in one stretch, including a trio of home losses. As the calendar turned to February, Wisconsin has found its winning ways with eight straight wins, including road victories over Michigan and Iowa.

The Badgers are a much more offensive team than past editions, averaging 73.3 points per game while ranking fourth in the Big Ten with a .457 field goal percentage. Balance is the Badgers’ strength, as four UW starters average in double figures, led by Frank Kaminsky’s 13.0 points and 6.3 rebounds per game. He also shoots over 40 percent from 3-point range. Sam Dekker averages 13.1 points and 6.3 rebounds per game. UW’s top five scorers all shoot more than 33 percent from long range, while UW holds teams to just 33 percent from long distance.

• Fire 2

500 posts. Calling it now

This game has me on edge.. so excited.. Lots of pressure for our boys, but I hope Miles has their heads in the right place.

I don't think I have ever been this excited for a BB game ever can't wait to hear the vault explode tonight. I am in Kearney what radio station would I get to hear both men's and women's game today?

This game has me on edge.. so excited.. Lots of pressure for our boys, but I hope Miles has their heads in the right place.

I don't think I have ever been this excited for a BB game ever can't wait to hear the vault explode tonight. I am in Kearney what radio station would I get to hear both men's and women's game today?

Womens not sure. I'm in Hastings and get them on 1230AM. But pretty sure it doesnt reach Kearney at any point in the day. You should get the mens on 97.3 out of GI.

In a sadistic way this game has that pseudo Texas in 2010 build up and fan hype.

You just lost us the game!

Yeah, probably did.

Hope for the team to get out fast. This match up is just very intriguing as it's almost mirror images position by position. Strengthsand strengths. Wisky is great at not fouling, and NU needs to get to the line 20 times to win IMO. CAN'T WAIT