Coach Pelini Extension

The extension was needed but it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. I'd guess that if HP is still here at the end of next season without announcing his retirement Bo is gone unless something changes. If he comes up 8-5 he'll be shown the door. If he runs 10-2 he'll move on to a different gig. I know he wants to be at NU but neither he nor Miles were part of HP's plans going into last fall and these seasons were suppose to be deal breakers for both of them. One had help from outside influences to stay and the other one put together a dream season.

Let's just hope that the regents come to their senses and force Harv to retire before he screws us more than he already has.

I guess history is bound to repeat itself, #2004-2007.

You do know other scenarios exist where a football coach is replaced and the search isn't completely bungled, yes? There tons of evidence supporting this fact at universities everywhere. It isn't like Nebraska is going to rehire Steve Pederson to spearhead the firing of about and searching for his replacement.

Completely true. However, lets play devil's advocate. How many schools have fired a coach winning .700 or better, and had an immediate upgrade?

Other scenarios do exist where a successful coaching search is carried out. There are just few examples of this being done when a 9 win coach is shown the door......as has been discussed a time or ten.

If NU had lost the Gator Bowl, would have wanted Bo replaced? Or even been ok with it? Or is the number 9 that talismanic?

If Pelini had a losing season, or even a .500 season as Solich did, I don't know that much noise would be made about replacing him. As we know from 100 previous discussions, there are few examples of winning coaches being shown the door. I understand there are posters who believe we could have a better coach at Nebraska. The decision makers seem to disagree.

Other scenarios do exist where a successful coaching search is carried out. There are just few examples of this being done when a 9 win coach is shown the door......as has been discussed a time or ten.

If NU had lost the Gator Bowl, would have wanted Bo replaced? Or even been ok with it? Or is the number 9 that talismanic?

Idk, why don't you ask college coaches who feel that winning 9/10 games per year is pretty successful.

I find it funny that the #9whiners complain out of one side of their mouth that Bo has let this program slide into the depths of hell and into national irrelevance, yet out of the other side of their mouths they insist that we could can Bo and have enough national cache to hire the next coming of Nick Saban.

#Irony

• Fire 1

If Pelini had a losing season, or even a .500 season as Solich did, I don't know that much noise would be made about replacing him. As we know from 100 previous discussions, there are few examples of winning coaches being shown the door. I understand there are posters who believe we could have a better coach at Nebraska. The decision makers seem to disagree.

Not what I asked. But I'm guessing even if Bo had lost to Georgia, you'd want him here. Which means you don't care about a 9 win benchmark. I don't either, and I'm betting a place like NU could throw enough $ around where really good football coaches wouldn't either.

• Fire 1
Also funny is when the Callahan tenure is not referred to as a train wreck, but Pelini's has been referred to as a dumpster fire. #irony2

Also hasn't happened. There's gonna be a fire if you two keep flinging all this straw around. Safety first you guys.

• Fire 1

Direct answer. Yes, I would be in favor of keeping Pelini had we lost to Georgia and been 8-5. Sound like you need to have a meeting with Eichorst, the prominent booster firmly entrenched in Pelini's corner and the BOR.......because this talk of throwing all this money around isn't happening for whatever reason. Best of luck getting that meeting.

Idk, why don't you ask college coaches who feel that winning 9/10 games per year is pretty successful.

I find it funny that the #9whiners complain out of one side of their mouth that Bo has let this program slide into the depths of hell and into national irrelevance, yet out of the other side of their mouths they insist that we could can Bo and have enough national cache to hire the next coming of Nick Saban.

#Irony

No straw here, this is pretty much EXACTLY what the Bo-leavers tell us any chance they can.

No response to this either.

#Truth

#Irony

No straw here, this is pretty much EXACTLY what the Bo-leavers tell us any chance they can.

No response to this either.

#Truth

You honestly think Bo is the best Nebraska can do? I mean, that's the very definition of settling. Something that this university wasn't exactly known for for several decades.

• Fire 1
Direct answer. Yes, I would be in favor of keeping Pelini had we lost to Georgia and been 8-5. Sound like you need to have a meeting with Eichorst, the prominent booster firmly entrenched in Pelini's corner and the BOR.......because this talk of throwing all this money around isn't happening for whatever reason. Best of luck getting that meeting.

Great, so you don't care about #9wins either.

• Fire 1

Ain't worth my talismatic time to restate the mitigating circumstances of the 2013 season, mostly because its been done here ad nauseum. What's more ad nauseum are the agenda carriers who circle like harpies to crap on Pelini at every turn.

Now with all the talismatic nauseum around here I think I'll have a Guinness.

• Fire 1

The extension was needed but it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. I'd guess that if HP is still here at the end of next season without announcing his retirement Bo is gone unless something changes. If he comes up 8-5 he'll be shown the door. If he runs 10-2 he'll move on to a different gig. I know he wants to be at NU but neither he nor Miles were part of HP's plans going into last fall and these seasons were suppose to be deal breakers for both of them. One had help from outside influences to stay and the other one put together a dream season.

And this, if true, is my gripe-and what should be an obvious one-on Perlman. Just get the hell out of the AD.