Coach Pelini Extension

Iowa > Nebraska because we can no longer laugh at their coach but they can laugh at ours.

Parse that however you want, but the impact is clear.

Was wondering how your flowchart worked. Then I must think the Husker program is a crap football program because I don't like our coach. Same parser used.

OK, let's play the "I didn't say exactly that" game then.

What, exactly, were you saying with this post?

Iowa Fan laughs at us because of our coach? OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we used to be able to laugh at them because of theirs....

Iowa > Nebraska because we can no longer laugh at their coach but they can laugh at ours.

Parse that however you want, but the impact is clear.

Was wondering how your flowchart worked. Then I must think the Husker program is a crap football program because I don't like our coach. Same parser used.

OK, let's play the "I didn't say exactly that" game then.

What, exactly, were you saying with this post?

Iowa Fan laughs at us because of our coach? OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we used to be able to laugh at them because of theirs....

Exactly what I said. Keep making stuff up though

Yes, Iowa turned Memorial Stadium into a sea of yellow.....similar to what we did to Notre Dame. If only our AD would have seized the opportunity to fire our coach with only 8 meaningless wins at the time......before he got the irrelevant 9th meaningless win. Damn rookie AD.

Two of Stewart Mandel's nine answered letters were about Bo Pelini's contract extension in the latest Mailbag.

Stewart, with everything you've written about Bo Pelini and Nebraska recently, you've got to be surprised by the news of Pelini's contract extension, right?

-- Steve, Strongsville, Ohio

No, not really. He got a one-year extension, the bare minimum show of confidence an athletic director can offer. It was probably necessary to reassure recruits. But good for Pelini. He could use a little love right now, as Tim Miles' Nebrasketball is the hottest show in town.

The Bo Pelini contract extension. Five words. Go.

-- James, Asheville, N.C.

Five more years of @FauxPelini!

Neither from Nebraska. Confirms what I have experienced here in California: no one outside Nebraska fans can believe he's still coaching here.

interesting, because here in georgia the few uga fans i know who are aware that football is played outside of the south would like to trade coaches with us... and that was before the gator bowl.

I live in Kansas City also and have had the exact opposite experiences as kchusker_chris. Anecdotal stories are just that.

I'd like to know where you're stories are coming from then. Church? Family gatherings with other Husker fans? Drive over to Callahan's for the first game, and hang out with the 100 or so Husker fans there. Your "experiences" will quickly line up more closely with mine. And that's in a loaded environment. Go to Johnny's or Tanners wearing Husker gear.

Tampa, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Raleigh, Memphis, Birmingham, etc.... Places I travel to regularly where people don't care about Bo.

Couple that with the Tampa Bay Big Ten stuff I do with our Alumni group where we have anywhere from 100-600 people, and none of the other schools fans have ever said anything to me that lines up with your anecdotes.

So we're at a stalemate.

I live in Kansas City also and have had the exact opposite experiences as kchusker_chris. Anecdotal stories are just that.

I'd like to know where you're stories are coming from then. Church? Family gatherings with other Husker fans? Drive over to Callahan's for the first game, and hang out with the 100 or so Husker fans there. Your "experiences" will quickly line up more closely with mine. And that's in a loaded environment. Go to Johnny's or Tanners wearing Husker gear.

I don't go to church. The family I do have in Kansas City are Husker fans and are also very supportive of Pelini. I'm not a big Callahan's fan, it has really gone downhill in the last few years, quite trashy the past few times I've been there. I frequent Johnny's and Tanner's, but not often on game days. I like to make the 3-hour trip to Lincoln to enjoy the game in person. I talk to college football fans at my work. Most are KSU, Mizzou, and KU fans. A good majority of them actually like Pelini, didn't find his actions that appalling, and were surprised to hear the talk of firing a 9-10 win coach. Other than the office, I interact with educated college football fans on the golf course and in business groups. The consensus has been in support of Pelini. I would never say I've felt a majority were surprised he is still the HC at Nebraska.

Then again, I am a Pelini supporter. I'm sure that influences others that choose to talk to me about the Nebraska football program. I'd guess it is the same (opposite) for you.

Iowa has fans?

They do. Lots of them were able to buy tickets to Memorial Stadium so they could see their team embarrass ours because our fans decided that game wasn't worth going to.

Fairweather fans indeed.

Let's not forget that what Polo said is not at all true.

Which part, about the Iowa fans buying tons of tickets to this year's game? That's entirely true. There were as many Iowa fans there as I've seen from any opponent in years. Those seats they were in were sold by Husker fans who didn't attend.