QB/DB Latravis Washington

So he is good to go or what ? I thought you had to have an 18 on your act to be able make the cut ?

For qualifying they use a sliding scale based on GPA and ACT/SAT score. They don't go by the 16 he got but use the total of the four sections of the test. To be a Division 1 qualifier with a GPA of 2.5 or above the total has to be a minimum of 68. Yet as a partial qualifier with a GPA of 2.75 or above (he's 2.82) the sum of the scores only has to be 59 which is feasible with the 16. I believe the Big XII only allows one partial qualifier per recruiting class.

From what I gathered that was just an option at this point. They asked him if it was a possibility of Fabian paying his way to go to school for the first semester and he said no he had not talked that over with Fabian. He then said that he just has to send his paperwork into the clearing house and he should be good to go. By what he said and by what he said coach Watson was telling him he just has to send the paperwork in.

From what I gathered that was just an option at this point. They asked him if it was a possibility of Fabian paying his way to go to school for the first semester and he said no he had not talked that over with Fabian. He then said that he just has to send his paperwork into the clearing house and he should be good to go. By what he said and by what he said coach Watson was telling him he just has to send the paperwork in.

well lets just hope that he gets cleared and he can get into Lincoln

So he is good to go or what ? I thought you had to have an 18 on your act to be able make the cut ?

For qualifying they use a sliding scale based on GPA and ACT/SAT score. They don't go by the 16 he got but use the total of the four sections of the test. To be a Division 1 qualifier with a GPA of 2.5 or above the total has to be a minimum of 68. Yet as a partial qualifier with a GPA of 2.75 or above (he's 2.82) the sum of the scores only has to be 59 which is feasible with the 16. I believe the Big XII only allows one partial qualifier per recruiting class.

There are no partial qualifiers anymore. That went away with the formation of the B12. The test score is on some sort of sliding scale using the parts of tests (can be different ones), but I have no idea how that works or what the numbers are.

• 1 month later...

I'm not an expert by any means when it comes to recruiting regulations and such, but wouldn't Fabian being a former Husker football player, paying for a current player's college, create some kind of problem w/ the NCAA?

I'm not an expert by any means when it comes to recruiting regulations and such, but wouldn't Fabian being a former Husker football player, paying for a current player's college, create some kind of problem w/ the NCAA?

I think it's ok if they're related to the player.

if anyone is a premium member on bigredreport they could find out. im not because i dont have money. so somebody should find out.

according to BRR he is good to go and will be in lincoln either wednesday or saturday. it doesnt say anything about greyshirting or anything like that. just that he is unbelievably excited to be going to lincoln and being able to get in to position meetings and into the mix of things with the team