QB/DB Latravis Washington

Where does Washington project to play at next year? I woulnd't think quarterback, but are we going to use him at safety? corner? or linebacker? I wouldn't mind having him learn linebacker from the start to build up some depth there.

All the "experts" I've heard say he will redshirt to add weight and move to OLB.

That makes sense. Since he is only around 200 pounds, a whole year in the weight room could put on 15-20 pounds of muscle without losing much speed. Washington, right now, is my favorite recruit out of this class.

Where does Washington project to play at next year? I woulnd't think quarterback, but are we going to use him at safety? corner? or linebacker? I wouldn't mind having him learn linebacker from the start to build up some depth there.

All the "experts" I've heard say he will redshirt to add weight and move to OLB.

That makes sense. Since he is only around 200 pounds, a whole year in the weight room could put on 15-20 pounds of muscle without losing much speed. Washington, right now, is my favorite recruit out of this class.

Remember Brian Urlacher actually played WR/LB in HS! :)

I think he was a safety in college.

I was just going to mention Urlacher playing Safety in College and moving to LB in the Pros. We get a couple of Budha-bellies in front of him and that would allow him to flow to the play and drop into coverage as needed. Could work quite nicely.

On the other hand, he might make a pretty good strong safety too.

As a senior, Washington split time on defense between the secondary and defensive end, finishing the year with five sacks, in addition to ranking as one of his team's top tacklers.

Just judging from what I have heard callahan say about people such as hagg and the unknown destination of Prince I really do think that he is going to be given a shot at linebacker first. Callahan said that they would start hagg out in the defensive backfield and then work from there. I personally would love to have him at safety. With that said I think they are building solid depth at the safety postion with Asante, Culbert, I think Young will get moved there, and I believe Blue will play safety as well. He might be needed more and more effective at linebacker, I am just wondering who is going to play what. Unless they move Lawrence to middle then I have no idea how they are going to fit them all on the field at the same time. Lawrence said the coaches told him that they wanted him at WILL and Stafford said the coaches told him he is going to be at SAM, so where does that leave Washington? You cant tell me that he is going to be a middle linebacker. For some reason I just dont think he would fit well at the MIKE. Who knows though?

• 2 months later...

Washington is listed at 6-3 210. I have to wonder if maybe he's not linebacker material. This all depends, I suppose, on how his frame is. What kind of a bone structure has he got. In some interviews he's given he talks about how he'll play wherever the coaches want him.

has anybody heard anything?