QB/DB Latravis Washington

I haven't heard anything, but I think he would be great as an OLB. Get him in the 230-240 range and keep his speed and you have a monster LB. Also, I like our depth at safety alot more than that at LB, so i think if he can add the weight and keep the speed, he will probably end up at LB.

He's listed on Huskers.com as a DB, but he seems like a taller Demorrio Williams , I'd assume the coaches will have him bulk up to about 130 and use him similar to Demorrio and what Coz seems to be doing with Octo now, playing them at OLB most of the time and moving them to DE on obvious passing situations to get more speed off the edge.

I think it all just depends on how a lot of the other people develop. If Hagg develops well at one safety spot and Helu gets moved to linebacker then he might just stay at safety. If Blue ends up moving to safety and Helu moves to safety then he will probably move to linebacker. It would also help to keep him at safety in order to tell Mr. Arthur Brown that we only have three returning linebackers on scholorship. I say he is going to be one hell of a safety though, I have been saying all along, he is in the same mold as Taylor Mays. I am not saying he is as good, but 6'3 210 lbs compared to 6'4 225 lbs for Mays-looks good to me.

• 1 month later...

Its Aaron Shulte who wont make it. A 6'6 320 lb offensive lineman. It doesnt matter anyway, he went to my old high school and from what I hear he is a cupcake. In my opinion we lose nothing here and only open up a spot for someone else worthy of a scholy to have. From what I have heard Washington will more than likely make it.

Its Aaron Shulte who wont make it. A 6'6 320 lb offensive lineman. It doesnt matter anyway, he went to my old high school and from what I hear he is a cupcake. In my opinion we lose nothing here and only open up a spot for someone else worthy of a scholy to have. From what I have heard Washington will more than likely make it.

I'm just glad it isn't a potential DB or LB of Washington.

• 3 weeks later...

There is an article on rivals about Latravis Washington. It talks about how he got a 16 on his act, and he had a 2.82 GPA. He thinks he is good to go and all he has to do is send in his transcripts to the clearing house. He also said that he has put on 20 pounds of "good weight" so far since last season and the coaches have talked to him and told him they are moving him to outside linebacker. If he has gained 20 pounds and is up to 6'3, 230 lbs and he kept his same speed, holy Lord he is going to be a hell of a linebacker. I was all for keeping him at safety but as far as needs go this is by far a no-brainer. I think if he can get in there this fall and learn the position behind some of the older guys he could possibly contribute this year and more than likely in 08'. If they put him at SAM have Dillard at MIKE and move Culbert to WILL or have Lawrence there that seems to be a pretty good linebacking core, at least with a lot of talent and speed. I personally think they should move Culbert back to safety along with Asante then have Thenarse and Murillo as the starting corners.

There is an article on rivals about Latravis Washington. It talks about how he got a 16 on his act, and he had a 2.82 GPA. He thinks he is good to go and all he has to do is send in his transcripts to the clearing house. He also said that he has put on 20 pounds of "good weight" so far since last season and the coaches have talked to him and told him they are moving him to outside linebacker. If he has gained 20 pounds and is up to 6'3, 230 lbs and he kept his same speed, holy Lord he is going to be a hell of a linebacker. I was all for keeping him at safety but as far as needs go this is by far a no-brainer. I think if he can get in there this fall and learn the position behind some of the older guys he could possibly contribute this year and more than likely in 08'. If they put him at SAM have Dillard at MIKE and move Culbert to WILL or have Lawrence there that seems to be a pretty good linebacking core, at least with a lot of talent and speed. I personally think they should move Culbert back to safety along with Asante then have Thenarse and Murillo as the starting corners.

That all sounds good to me. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out.