Beer sales in Memorial Stadium?

If you have to ask that question sd,sker, then I have no answer that will satisfy the need that required it! Sorry!

Dude just got comma'd.

who was he talking to? didn't know there was an sd,sker here? kind of a ripoff, you guys.

My sincere apologies sd'sker, you obviously have earned your Apostrophe, carry on! My fat fingers usually find buttons they shouldn't!

Don't backtrack on this. Just tell him he's been demoted. He's no longer an Apostrohphist. He's now a lowly Comma-unist.

• Fire 4

If you have to ask that question sd,sker, then I have no answer that will satisfy the need that required it! Sorry!

Dude just got comma'd.

who was he talking to? didn't know there was an sd,sker here? kind of a ripoff, you guys.

My sincere apologies sd'sker, you obviously have earned your Apostrophe, carry on! My fat fingers usually find buttons they shouldn't!

Don't backtrack on this. Just tell him he's been demoted. He's no longer an Apostrohphist. He's now a lowly Comma-unist.

LMAO! That's funny right there!

takoda, i guess maybe when my child is a bit older i will sympathize more. i just hate that a very few people could ruin something for everyone. i hate giving them that power, especially when they do it anyway. frankly, beer or no beer makes little difference to me. i think for most it is the principle of it, and i say we should be able to be treated like adults. not everyone can handle that.

takoda, i guess maybe when my child is a bit older i will sympathize more. i just hate that a very few people could ruin something for everyone. i hate giving them that power, especially when they do it anyway. frankly, beer or no beer makes little difference to me. i think for most it is the principle of it, and i say we should be able to be treated like adults. not everyone can handle that.

sd'sker, I get what you are saying though! Again; I am not calling people who are having a good time and enjoying an alcoholic beverage bad people. I would be condemning myself if I were to do that.

Just like everything else in life, a few can ruin it for the masses. The majority who are at tailgating parties (pre and post) are good people having a good time with the right intent.

yeah, personally, i would prefer and do not think the few bad apples are enough of a deterrent. but i will not lose sleep if they continue to prohibit alcohol. it is a dry campus and perhaps we should draw the line here since this is a college activity.

That, and I'd rather spend $15 sharing a 12-pack of Samuel Adams Seasonal with a couple of friends at a tailgate than spending that same $15 to buy two cups of flat Bud Light in the stadium.

yeah, personally, i would prefer and do not think the few bad apples are enough of a deterrent. but i will not lose sleep if they continue to prohibit alcohol. it is a dry campus and perhaps we should draw the line here since this is a college activity.

That, and I'd rather spend $15 sharing a 12-pack of Samuel Adams Seasonal with a couple of friends at a tailgate than spending that same $15 to buy two cups of flat Bud Light in the stadium.

Why not both? ;)

Really though, it's not like you have to choose one or the other.

Why stop there? Let's have it at high school and junior high games too. Grade school soccer? No problem! Have a cold one!

Would Nebraska fans handle their alcohol well in the stadium? I'm guessing that they would, but I'd personally prefer that it stay dry. This is coming from a guy that has 5 gallons of bourbon barrel porter and 5 of hard cider sitting in primary fermentation right now, so I'm not exactly an anti. Everything has its place.

Okay wise guy, do you think that alcohol belongs at any of the sporting events that I listed (besides Memorial stadium)? If not, what is your rationale for prohibiting them? Now...... after answering that, go ahead and make a lucid, logical argument for where that line gets drawn. Your turn.

Okay wise guy, do you think that alcohol belongs at any of the sporting events that I listed (besides Memorial stadium)? If not, what is your rationale for prohibiting them? Now...... after answering that, go ahead and make a lucid, logical argument for where that line gets drawn. Your turn.

They have it a lot of high school games, actually. Private high schools especially in the "special" areas. Let me preface that by saying that it is not "sales" but it is provided.

i do not need to and that is why the slippery slope argument is not very compelling. the argument is whether we should have beer sales at memorial or not. i see no reason not to sell beer at memorial, but i really do not care what they decide.

but frankly, why not have alcohol sales at those events you listed? because there are children present? a lot of places serve alcohol where children are, you do not have to serve it to the children. just treat adults like adults.

• Fire 2