Eichorst statement on Bo

All this talk about Bo's job security, especially some people's insinuation that he will eventually be fired, is beyond worthless discussion.

If you don't like Bo, fine. You're entitled to your opinion. But at least wait until the season starts before starting such talk.

Or don't and keep looking like idiots arguing about firing a coach that the rest of college football thinks is doing a fine job.

Yeah, that last part of your statement, not so much. There are very few Bo supporters that don't wave the N flag.

I picked the games we played against elite/championship level teams... :confucius:dunno

Our defense gave up an average of 22 points per game in those four games and our offense averaged 30.6 points per game on the season.

I'll even compare it to other teams that have actually won national championships, even though i never even used the disclaimer NATIONAL championship caliber...

FSU's defense gave up an average of 19.7 points per game against top 10 teams.

2012 Alabama's defense gave up an average of 22 points per game against top 10 teams.

2010 Auburn's defense gave up an average of 21 points per game against top 10 teams.

2008 Florida's defense gave up an average of 16 points per game against top 10 teams.

I picked the games we played against elite/championship level teams... :confucius:dunno

Our defense gave up an average of 22 points per game in those four games and our offense averaged 30.6 points per game on the season.

I'll even compare it to other teams that have actually won national championships, even though i never even used the disclaimer NATIONAL championship caliber...

FSU's defense gave up an average of 19.7 points per game against top 10 teams.

2012 Alabama's defense gave up an average of 22 points per game against top 10 teams.

2010 Auburn's defense gave up an average of 21 points per game against top 10 teams.

2008 Florida's defense gave up an average of 16 points per game against top 10 teams.

I repeat........

YOU WIN. CONGRATS. I have given the 2006 Huskers the honorary National Championship Caliber Defense Trophy!? I thought the argument was over but turns out, not only can you not admit when you're wrong, you can't admit when you're right either. Sheesh kid.

• Fire 1

Hey Polo......since nobody has ever really asked, and I've never really heard you come out and say it, what's your thoughts about Nebraska's Head Coach Bo Pelini? What kind of expectations do you have for him and his football teams? You know, I'm just asking for clarification. You simply never have been really clear about it.

Hey Polo......since nobody has ever really asked, and I've never really heard you come out and say it, what's your thoughts about Nebraska's Head Coach Bo Pelini? What kind of expectations do you have for him and his football teams? You know, I'm just asking for clarification. You simply never have been really clear about it.

I'm kinda on the fence with him tbh.

I'm kinda on the fence with him tbh.

825408.gif

All this talk about Bo's job security, especially some people's insinuation that he will eventually be fired, is beyond worthless discussion.

If you don't like Bo, fine. You're entitled to your opinion. But at least wait until the season starts before starting such talk.

Or don't and keep looking like idiots arguing about firing a coach that the rest of college football thinks is doing a fine job.

Yeah, that last part of your statement, not so much. There are very few Bo supporters that don't wave the N flag.
Oh. OK.

Anyway, my point is that discussing the firing of a coach with a pretty good winning percentage and before the season is even close to starting is dumb.

Saying so would be redundant and as ridiculous as trying to talk about not vaccinating your children. Use the search function

I was asking for clarification diphshit. STFU if you're just going to troll.

Its not trolling when you say the exact same words?
Wjw.... They weren't even the same type of question.

I would say Ohio st is better than they used to be.

You think they are better now, than when Tressell was there? Your out of your mind.

Also, to what standards? Because I know quite a few tOSU fans who are unhappy with how things have been. The inconsistencies, close games they should have lost, to lower ranked players.

Go back one.

He's talking about the transition from John Cooper to Jim Tressel. Cooper won a hell of a lot of games, always had OSU nationally relevant and highly ranked. But he was not often enough in the championship conversation and couldn't beat Michigan. So they fired a .700 winning coach and hired someone from a D-1AA school. That's when they got a hell of a lot better.

He fell flat on his face the last 2 years, going 12-10.

True (well, he went 14-10), but that's the best (only) example we're gonna get. Even so, Cooper was still more successful than Pelini. Except for those last two years, his previous six teams all finished higher ranked than any Pelini squad ever has, which included appearances and victories in what are now BCS bowls. When he was fired, Cooper was only two years removed from a #2 ranking, the second time he had done it.
So, a Solich situation?

Is this a serious statement? How many fans "support" coaches from across the country at different schools? I'm guessing very few.

True (well, he went 14-10), but that's the best (only) example we're gonna get. Even so, Cooper was still more successful than Pelini. Except for those last two years, his previous six teams all finished higher ranked than any Pelini squad ever has, which included appearances and victories in what are now BCS bowls. When he was fired, Cooper was only two years removed from a #2 ranking, the second time he had done it.

So, a Solich situation?

Hmm..perhaps, perhaps. Maybe the John Cooper firing was Ohio State's "gravitating toward mediocrity" decision, but the difference was, they found a replacement that brought them successful results. Which is a rare situation.

So, a Solich situation?

Hmm..perhaps, perhaps. Maybe the John Cooper firing was Ohio State's "gravitating toward mediocrity" decision, but the difference was, they found a replacement that brought them successful results. Which is a rare situation.

Right, but, the difference is Cooper had taken a downward spiral. That hasn't happened here yet.

Prove that statement.
I've posted comments from various media and coaches about it. Use the search function.

This means he doesn't know or he can't.

Here's the first time I touched on it, months ago. Once again, you're wrong.

"They have great tradition," LSU coach Nick Saban said. "It's unusual to get rid of a coach who goes 9-3. Maybe some people are skeptical of the standards."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2004-01-08/sports/0401080438_1_frank-solich-football-coach-college-football

Urban Meyer: “We actually were contacted by a third party. Not directly. I remember thinking about it. I had such great respect for Solich — he's an Ohio guy who's a good friend of mine — and I didn't agree with everything that went down. He won 10 games that year, right? That was alarming to me. I'm a coach, and whenever I see that happening to a coach, I think there's got to be something behind Door No. 1 to fire him after he won 10 games. I remember having great respect for the school but being concerned about what happened — and why it happened. If 10 games isn't good enough, I'm not sure what is.

http://www.omaha.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110427/HUSKERS/704289869/0

Guys on the HC candidate list for NU were Dave Wandstadt, Bo Pelini, Turner Gill, Urban Meyer, Houston Nutt, Mike Zimmer, Brad Childress, and surely there were others. Nebraska ended up with Bill Callahan, the fired coach of "the dumbest team in America."

The last time NU fired a 9 win guy, they screwed up big time, and it haunted the team for a long time. I really think this is the reason AD Shaw Eichorst didn't make a change. Coaches don't want to come in with a 9 win floor. Until Bo falls on his face, or leaves on his own accord, he's going to be here.

• Fire 1

Prove that statement.

I've posted comments from various media and coaches about it. Use the search function.

This means he doesn't know or he can't.

If you actually believe Bo Pelini was a legit candidate in 2003, well I have a bridge to sell you.

Here's the first time I touched on it, months ago. Once again, you're wrong.

"They have great tradition," LSU coach Nick Saban said. "It's unusual to get rid of a coach who goes 9-3. Maybe some people are skeptical of the standards."http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2004-01-08/sports/0401080438_1_frank-solich-football-coach-college-football

Urban Meyer: “We actually were contacted by a third party. Not directly. I remember thinking about it. I had such great respect for Solich — he's an Ohio guy who's a good friend of mine — and I didn't agree with everything that went down. He won 10 games that year, right? That was alarming to me. I'm a coach, and whenever I see that happening to a coach, I think there's got to be something behind Door No. 1 to fire him after he won 10 games. I remember having great respect for the school but being concerned about what happened — and why it happened. If 10 games isn't good enough, I'm not sure what is.http://www.omaha.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110427/HUSKERS/704289869/0

Guys on the HC candidate list for NU were Dave Wandstadt, Bo Pelini, Turner Gill, Urban Meyer, Houston Nutt, Mike Zimmer, Brad Childress, and surely there were others. Nebraska ended up with Bill Callahan, the fired coach of "the dumbest team in America."

The last time NU fired a 9 win guy, they screwed up big time, and it haunted the team for a long time. I really think this is the reason AD Shaw Eichorst didn't make a change. Coaches don't want to come in with a 9 win floor. Until Bo falls on his face, or leaves on his own accord, he's going to be here.

it was halftime in the nw game.

but up until that point i had accountabilities attitude of "this defense has to be better than it was in 2012." and after wyoming and sdsu and the collapse against ucla i was pretty sure it was going to be a long season. then after minny, i was pretty afraid. good thing they figured it out though. we will see how they come out at the start of next year.

I never had that feeling about the defense last year. I knew they were probably more talented, but that the youth and inexperience would be an issue. The Wyoming deal really did not shock me. I was way more surprised by the offense's pants-crapping against UCLA than the defense's. But we saw glimpses of potential on that side of the ball. The Minnesota game was just the 2013 version of Bo's week. Outside of that we saw pretty steady improvement. Even before this halftime deal against NW, the defense had their way with Illinois and Purdue. Bad teams or not, they did what they were supposed to do.

You guys make it sound like a coach never asks his players their opinion on what is working and what isn't working. Only a stupid coach would be arrogant enough not to listen to and take into account what their players are telling them.

This happens all the time, it happens every game. Sometimes the game plan doesn't work, cause the other team has a game plan also. :sarcasm