Eichorst statement on Bo

it was halftime in the nw game.

but up until that point i had accountabilities attitude of "this defense has to be better than it was in 2012." and after wyoming and sdsu and the collapse against ucla i was pretty sure it was going to be a long season. then after minny, i was pretty afraid. good thing they figured it out though. we will see how they come out at the start of next year.

I never had that feeling about the defense last year. I knew they were probably more talented, but that the youth and inexperience would be an issue. The Wyoming deal really did not shock me. I was way more surprised by the offense's pants-crapping against UCLA than the defense's. But we saw glimpses of potential on that side of the ball. The Minnesota game was just the 2013 version of Bo's week. Outside of that we saw pretty steady improvement. Even before this halftime deal against NW, the defense had their way with Illinois and Purdue. Bad teams or not, they did what they were supposed to do.

You guys make it sound like a coach never asks his players their opinion on what is working and what isn't working. Only a stupid coach would be arrogant enough not to listen to and take into account what their players are telling them.

This happens all the time, it happens every game. Sometimes the game plan doesn't work, cause the other team has a game plan also. :sarcasm

What do you mean "you guys"? When did I ever say such a thing didnt happen or doesnt happen?

Does anyone have some crochet needles I could jam into my eyes like 50 or 60 times?

The title of this thread should be changed to; "Cliff Notes version of every football forum thread for the last two years"

*Waits to see if he has pissed off both camps*

• Fire 2

Does anyone have some crochet needles I could jam into my eyes like 50 or 60 times?

The title of this thread should be changed to; "Cliff Notes version of every football forum thread for the last two years"

When the season comes around it will get better. Unless it doesn't.

I wouldnt do that. A safer alternative would be to just not read the thread if you dont like it.

I wouldnt do that. A safer alternative would be to just not read the thread if you dont like it.

That would eliminate almost the entire football forum right now.

How would I know if I like it without reading it? It took me the first three pages to figure out I needed the crochet needles. I didn't read the last three pages. Sorry, just tired of seeing the same old arguments no matter what the topic started as. I'm certain a person could start a thread about the best rollercoasters and before the end of the first page the same eight people would be arguing about the job Pelini is doing.

• Fire 1

How would I know if I like it without reading it? It took me the first three pages to figure out I needed the crochet needles. I didn't read the last three pages. Sorry, just tired of seeing the same old arguments no matter what the topic started as. I'm certain a person could start a thread about the best rollercoasters and before the end of the first page the same eight people would be arguing about the job Pelini is doing.

You mean like the rollercoaster ups and downs we go through every year?........alright alright no more.

• Fire 2

I said something like this a few pages ago.

I completely agree with you, except I would use knitting needles. Unless you're looking for the most damage done. Crochet needles have hooks at the ends of them, which just isn't sensible...

Maybe instead of a bunch of threads criticizing Bo at every turn, we could start a bunch that criticize Dr. Tom for making the hire in the first place.

I blame Devaney.

He hired Tom here to begin with, which over time led to these insatiable expectations and the dumpster fire we're in. Sitting there that night watching us gash through Florida, I just knew someday this would happen. We shoulda just been like Minnesota after that '71 season. We'd all be so much more cheery now.

Maybe instead of a bunch of threads criticizing Bo at every turn, we could start a bunch that criticize Dr. Tom for making the hire in the first place.

I blame Devaney.

He hired Tom here to begin with, which over time led to these insatiable expectations and the dumpster fire we're in. Sitting there that night watching us gash through Florida, I just knew someday this would happen. We shoulda just been like Minnesota after that '71 season. We'd all be so much more cheery now.

Then we should go back a little further and blame the person that hired Devaney