Herian Declares?

i just checked LJS, OWH, and GI Independent and none of them have run any story about Herian declaring for the last 3 days. The only story about him was in the OWH and the headline was "WATSON LOOKING FORWARD TO USING HERIAN"

so i think it might be BS but you never know until you hear it from the source

I haven't heard anything either.....but, if you look at it, sure Herian could possibly be a big loss, but in reality, we didn't have him this year, and in all likelyhood, we were not going to have him next year anyway.

If Herian would have been healthy, and put up great numbers as expected, he more than likely would have darted for the NFL... based on the fact that if he is considering it now.......

So, yes it may hurt a little, but remember, he is UNPORVEN, so let's not declare it "horrible" if he leaves....plus, maybe you can't blame him.... If he can get healty enough to "make a team" and then he is unable to perform at a high level, at least he will have a contract ($$$) for next season...... on the other hand, if he gets healthy enough to practice and play at NU, and doesn't perform at a high level, his NFL chances are totally shot...... Maybe he should go and at least test his leg at the next level....if he gets re-injured in the NFL, he still has $$$$.

Everyone needs to just take a realistic look at this.... Best of luck to Matt is he stays or if he goes.

maybe the word choice of "realistic" isn't correct.

All of the posts above ARE realistic. He hasn't proved himself NFL worthy (post injury) yet.... you guys are right....

I was just saying, try to see the "other" side if he does declare.... and that if he does, it is not like we take a huge hit..... based on this past season.

He isn't going pro, i can promise you that after talking to him. Herian said he saw the article and was wondering where people were getting their info from. He said he still had the screws in his foot up untill a couple of days ago, so how do they expect him to be running by the April combine. The guy needs about 2 more months of physical thearpy before he can actually start running at full speed and he's not going to risk anymore damage to his leg by trying to impress NFL scout.

This delcaring to NFL rumour has no legs. Trust me on that

He isn't going pro, i can promise you that after talking to him. Herian said he saw the article and was wondering where people were getting their info from. He said he still had the screws in his foot up untill a couple of days ago, so how do they expect him to be running by the April combine. The guy needs about 2 more months of physical thearpy before he can actually start running at full speed and he's not going to risk anymore damage to his leg by trying to impress NFL scout.

This delcaring to NFL rumour has no legs. Trust me on that

No pun intented I hope.

No legs :rollin

NFL released it's official list of the 48 coming out early and Herian is not on it.

A few days ago Gil Brandt was on 1620 and he surmised that Herian may have put in an inquiry as to where he would go in the draft. The NFL committee looks at tape and gives an estimate based on that. Somewhere in the paperwork Herian was still on the list at that time.

Haven't read this entire thread, but Herian's name was included in Yahoo's list of underclassmen that declared. No other web site or media outlet confirmed this. Be sure that the local media would be all over this if it were true, as would sites like this, rivals and scout.

Deja vu! Is it February 2nd already? That is my favorite movie.

Again the official list released by the NFL today doesn't contain Herian's name. Brandt was offering a suggestion on how Herian's name may have been on the old list which Yahoo posted.