2014 NCAA Baseball Tournament

This is very disappointing. This is the first I have heard of any complaints about the new ball park.

I reposted this critique of the TD Ameritrade fences last night. I wrote it a year ago. It still holds true, IMO. https://www.facebook.com/SamMcKewon

I have to admit that I have never been in either Rosenblatt or TD Ameritrade park. From this article, it sounds like the fences are the same distance in TD as RB. It also mentions a change in the bats. I think in RB, home plate was facing north east. Is TD facing south east so a southerly wind holds balls in the park? Is the bat issue a bigger issue than anything?

Correct me if I'm wrong but Hawk Field in Lincoln faces south east also. What are the dimensions of Hawks field compared to TD Ameritrade?

I think there have been complaints for awhile but they may be increasing. The dimensions are the same but the orientation is different, as you said. The main problem seems to be the new orientation - the wind was often blowing out at Rosenblatt but is usually blowing in now.

Yep Rosenblatt used to sit way up on the hill with the wind blowing out. TD sits in in a flood plain turned the wrong way to allow for skyline shots, but that let the wind blow in.

Issue is Omaha wants to be able to use the facility the other 50 weeks of the year for stuff if they can get another football league or soccer or something like that which makes it hard to move the fences much.

But, if they also changed the bats then the NCAA must take at least some responsibility for the loss of power.

I agree, it was the worst case scenario changing the bats the year they moved downtown. We don't really have anything to compare it too now, would balls have continued to fly into the left field bleachers with the new bats by the zoo?

They wont touch anything till they see how these lowered laces on the balls perform next year.

But, if they also changed the bats then the NCAA must take at least some responsibility for the loss of power.

I agree, it was the worst case scenario changing the bats the year they moved downtown. We don't really have anything to compare it too now, would balls have continued to fly into the left field bleachers with the new bats by the zoo?

They wont touch anything till they see how these lowered laces on the balls perform next year.

That's what I am hoping, I mean it isn't really fun to watch a game where one team is in double digits while the other is not. However what has happened is they have basically taken the homerun out of the occasion on the biggest stage of college baseball. Hopefully the lowered seams make a huge difference. I believe they will only be used in the postseason, and the conferences can vote on whether or not to use them.

Here's a comparison chart of offensive stats. #CWS vs national average (bats changed & event moved to #TDAP in '11) pic.twitter.com/zsYhtEFbZM

Bqb7Ku-CAAEYoDc.png

OK....this is some interesting information.

So.....CWS moved to TDAP in 2011. So, why do the stats keep dropping from 2011 through this year? AND, they are dropping on the national average also. I wouldn't think TDAP would have that big of a difference on a national average.