Husker Trick Plays -- Will we ever see one again?

Just my opinion, but I don't think BP really likes trick plays or specials. I think he likes to beat people straight up. In order to run trick plays well you actually have to practice them some and some coaches don't want to donate the time to it. TO loved trick plays, Chris Peterson when at BSU loved trick plays, Dantonio loves trick plays.

Have to vote this one as well because Crouch was running right at where I was sitting standing.

Wow. You were there for that?! You lucky SOB. That's probably one of my most vivid memories of Husker football. We were yelling, jumping up and down...damn that was fun. Probably the single best play ever.......right along with a few others....lol. I'm having this same issue in the other "pick your favorite player" thread. So hard to pick just one.

I was at that game also. We were in the north end zone, looking right down that east sideline. That play was nuts.

I was at that game it was really cool, was also at the bouncerooski game against OU.

The fumblerooski is now against the rules to run, fyi.

I've never understood how it's illegal. The play as I remember it would be snapped to the qb. Who would instantly hand it back to center. The linemen, qb and running backs would roll to the left or right indicating that is where the play is going. When the defense went that direction the center would run the opposite way with the ball.

I'm sure i'm missing something as the play was just before my time. Plus I havn't read the rule on it. So if this can be explained it would be nice.

As for us running trick plays. I'd like to see them as they are fun to watch. Id love to see Bo call Annexation of Puerto Rico [aka fumblerooski] during a red/white game.

Zac taylor pretending to walk off the field against CU in 2006.

Wow. My attempts to expunge that era from my memory must be working because I have no recollection of that play.

I don't remember it either. (At the 3:00 point). If the Puffaloe Middle LB doesn't make a phenomenal play that thing goes for another 15 yards or so. :lol:

I was at that game. Old Billy C saved all the trick plays for that game. I can't remember exactly the plays, but I remember there being 3-4 trick plays.

That Colorado game was one of the few really fun times of the Callahan era. It also exposed Dan Hawkins as a fraud as a coach.

My favorite play in that game was the fake field goal, in which Joe Ganz threw the TD to Barry Turner. Ganz lined up as the kicker, but didn't even mark off his footing or pretend like he was going to kick. It was the most obvious fake I'd ever seen, everyone in the damn stadium knew that was a QB and not a kicker. Yet, the CU staff and players just stood there, no timeouts, no adjustments. It was hilarious.

The quarterback never 'hands' the ball off to anyone - he doesn't even really get it in his possession he just touches it, almost tips it, to set it on the ground for the lineman to pick up.

ok I didn't think i was remembering it quite right. But honestly what is the difference between that and a bad snap? So would it just be a judgmental call? I know most linemen just fall on the ball and play is over. But really what is to stop them from picking it up and running with it? Since a fumble can be picked up and advanced, unless the rule is stating linemen only can not advance it.

The quarterback never 'hands' the ball off to anyone - he doesn't even really get it in his possession he just touches it, almost tips it, to set it on the ground for the lineman to pick up.

ok I didn't think i was remembering it quite right. But honestly what is the difference between that and a bad snap? So would it just be a judgmental call? I know most linemen just fall on the ball and play is over. But really what is to stop them from picking it up and running with it? Since a fumble can be picked up and advanced, unless the rule is stating linemen only can not advance it.

NCAA

NCAA

yea I'm trying to information on the ruling of it. But so far nothing other than it was banned following 1992 season. But several teams have used it since then. Even seen that Presbetyrian College ran the bouncarooski against Wake Forrest a couple years ago.

NCAA

yea I'm trying to information on the ruling of it. But so far nothing other than it was banned following 1992 season. But several teams have used it since then. Even seen that Presbetyrian College ran the bouncarooski against Wake Forrest a couple years ago.

The rules prevent a "Planned Loose Ball"

Planned Loose Ball

ARTICLE 7. A Team A player may not advance a planned loose ball in the vicinity of the snapper.
PENALTY—Five yards from the previous spot and loss of down [s19 and S9].