Do you feel sorry for Hillary?

I don't feel sorry for her, nobody, including her, is asking anyone to feel sorry for her.

Apparently the same conservatives who trumpet free-market capitalism are OUTRAGED that Hillary is commanding her free market value for her speaking ability and making money off it.

Really, the Clintons are very well off, but they are not mega-rich, and there is not much real money in politics. So whatever. It's a non-issue.

Apparently the same conservatives who trumpet free-market capitalism are OUTRAGED that Hillary is commanding her free market value for her speaking ability and making money off it.

The most outrageous part is that Hillary is paid more per speech than a partial term Alaska governor!

• Fire 1

I don't have a problem with them making money giving speeches. Heck, they make a living. That is what you are supposed to do.

I did have a laugh about this part though.

"We came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt," Clinton told Sawyer, referring to the hefty legal fees incurred during their White House years. "We had no money when we got there, and we struggled to, you know, piece together the resources for mortgages, for houses, for Chelsea's education. You know, it was not easy."

She added, "Bill has worked really hard -- and it's been amazing to me -- he's worked very hard. First of all, we had to pay off all our debts, which was, you know, he had to make double the money because of obviously taxes and then pay off the debts and get us houses and take care of family members."

Maybe if Bill wasn't so hard at work you wouldn't have had all those legal fees.
  • Fire 3

I don't feel sorry for her, nobody, including her, is asking anyone to feel sorry for her.

Really, the Clintons are very well off, but they are not mega-rich, and there is not much real money in politics. So whatever. It's a non-issue.

I have no issue wt her speaking fees - more power to her and Bill or anyone else who can get the gig. Just don't whine about your personal debt (legal fees because Bill couldn't keep his pants on - not just Ken Starr related) Harry Truman drove himself home after he left the WH. I think that is what most commentators after the article are talking about.

Maybe if Bill wasn't so hard at work you wouldn't have had all those legal fees.

BOOM! :laughpound

Also, the only people I feel sorry for are the idiots who pay money to listen to Bill, Hillary, Sarah Palin, or any of these hucksters speak. If they were truly public servants they would give us the benefit of their wisdom for free.

There's money in politics, else we wouldn't have people like the Koch Brothers and Sheldon Adelson mucking things up with their cash-o-la.

I do in a way. I feel bad to some respect that she stayed with a douchebag after he openly was cheating on her. A made her publically humiliated, I mean no one really deserves that do they?

Hey, hey hey! He did NOT have sex with that woman. And don't you forget it.

I do in a way. I feel bad to some respect that she stayed with a douchebag after he openly was cheating on her. A made her publically humiliated, I mean no one really deserves that do they?

Hey, hey hey! He did NOT have sex with that woman. And don't you forget it.

He also didn't inhale. Because, you know, everyone just puffs it and never inhales it.