Who wins 2016 Presidency?

Ok Ok you got me there. I personally am one for a person to stick to their guns when it comes to most policies, because otherwise you are not getting the same as what you voted for. Willing to compromise or reach across the isle can still be viewed as sticking to their guns as well. Most candidates promise that they will reach across the isle for the betterment of the American people, but often don't. I am very conservative, but that doesn't mean that I don't know that in order for our country to work there has to be compromise.

From reading this thread and others it appears to me that when it's your guy you want him to stand firm but when it's the opposition then the other guy should compromise.

Far right view point, I'm spacing on who said it, but one of the GOP did say that compromise means the dems coming around to their side. another education failure, as that is not the definition of compromise.

Warren would be awesome.

I don't think it'll happen though because the GOP will not have too much problem painting her as being a batsh#t insane hippy liberal, whereas you can't do that with Hillary - Hillary is an extremely established Washington figure, a moderate leftist, really will be much harder to attack than Warren. Even if I do like Warren better. And I do like Warren better.

Who knows though. Maybe she comes out swinging with a GOAT-like campaign, a-la Obama in 2008.

Warren would be awesome.

I don't think it'll happen though because the GOP will not have too much problem painting her as being a batsh#t insane hippy liberal, whereas you can't do that with Hillary - Hillary is an extremely established Washington figure, a moderate leftist, really will be much harder to attack than Warren. Even if I do like Warren better. And I do like Warren better.

Who knows though. Maybe she comes out swinging with a GOAT-like campaign, a-la Obama in 2008.

Because she is.

Lots of talk in this thread about who wants compromise and who doesn't. Here is some data:

compromise.png

http://www.vox.com/2014/6/13/5804254/the-conservative-base-has-a-crippling-aversion-to-governing

Might help clear some things up.

This is pretty interesting. Also keep in mind the likelihood that these individuals show up to the voting booth. Those at the extreme end of the spectrum are by far the most likely to vote in an election. The individuals in the middle who show mixed feelings do so because they are less fired up and less interested in politics. They are, therefore, typically less likely to vote.

This penalizes Congressmen who compromise even more than it should, because those who show up to the voting booth are disproportionally against compromise.

• Fire 1

Warren would be awesome.

Warren has been avoiding the issue, I don't think she will run if Clinton runs. And a Clinton - Warren ticket would not shock me.

What the GOP does is almost irrelevant as long as they are going to get on their knees before the Tea Party. As long as they are the litmus test for the GOP they will never see the White House again. There simply are not enough angry, old, white men out there to vote for them.

Is it, though? I would argue it's only getting harder and harder to be aware of one's own ignorance. Because we'll read something written or said by some guy that'll sound convincing and experty enough, take that as knowledge and pass it along to others. We're still the same dumb species we've always been and while technical literacy has increased, has educated-ness overall? (Maybe it has, but there sure seems a long way to go still.) I'd like to think we're making progress, but the dumb only spreads faster now, while the opposite is still takes same long, arduous journey it always has.

The ignorant have always existed, and always will. And really with information being available at your fingertips like never before in human history, remaining ignorant is a willful choice. It is like so much else now though too, people think that things must be happening more now, because they know they are happening now. To hear from a blithering idiot used to mean you actually had to know the idiot in question, now they get a venue for more people to hear.

The ignorant have always existed, and always will. And really with information being available at your fingertips like never before in human history, remaining ignorant is a willful choice. It is like so much else now though too, people think that things must be happening more now, because they know they are happening now. To hear from a blithering idiot used to mean you actually had to know the idiot in question, now they get a venue for more people to hear.

False rumors and conspiracy theories spread a billion times faster and to more people now than ever before.

Also, people think the world is so much horrible now because they sit in front of the TV or the internet 24 hours a day reading and listening. A shooting happens in Ohio and we hear about it 24 hours a day for weeks on end. It used to be if that happened, someone in Nebraska might read an article about it in the paper or hear a report on the evening news and that's it.

Because of this, I bet most people think our schools are much less safe now than they used to be. In fact, school violence is way down from where it used to be.