Who wins 2016 Presidency?

We would of had carbon taxes and the energy systems of this country would have been in chaos under Gore, our taxes and prices would have skyrocketed. Look at Germany after their green energy push.

For society as a whole, the costs have reached levels comparable only to the euro-zone bailouts. This year, German consumers will be forced to pay €20 billion ($26 billion) for electricity from solar, wind and biogas plants -- electricity with a market price of just over €3 billion. Even the figure of €20 billion is disputable if you include all the unintended costs and collateral damage associated with the project. Solar panels and wind turbines at times generate huge amounts of electricity, and sometimes none at all. Depending on the weather and the time of day, the country can face absurd states of energy surplus or deficit.

If there is too much power coming from the grid, wind turbines have to be shut down. Nevertheless, consumers are still paying for the "phantom electricity" the turbines are theoretically generating. Occasionally, Germany has to pay fees to dump already subsidized green energy, creating what experts refer to as "negative electricity prices."

On the other hand, when the wind suddenly stops blowing, and in particular during the cold season, supply becomes scarce. That's when heavy oil and coal power plants have to be fired up to close the gap, which is why Germany's energy producers in 2012 actually released more climate-damaging carbon dioxide into the atmosphere than in 2011.

http://m.spiegel.de/international/germany/a-920288.html#spRedirectedFrom=www&referrrer=https://www.google.com/

We would of had carbon taxes and the energy systems of this country would have been in chaos under Gore, our taxes and prices would have skyrocketed. Look at Germany after their green energy push.

For society as a whole, the costs have reached levels comparable only to the euro-zone bailouts. This year, German consumers will be forced to pay €20 billion ($26 billion) for electricity from solar, wind and biogas plants -- electricity with a market price of just over €3 billion. Even the figure of €20 billion is disputable if you include all the unintended costs and collateral damage associated with the project. Solar panels and wind turbines at times generate huge amounts of electricity, and sometimes none at all. Depending on the weather and the time of day, the country can face absurd states of energy surplus or deficit.

If there is too much power coming from the grid, wind turbines have to be shut down. Nevertheless, consumers are still paying for the "phantom electricity" the turbines are theoretically generating. Occasionally, Germany has to pay fees to dump already subsidized green energy, creating what experts refer to as "negative electricity prices."

On the other hand, when the wind suddenly stops blowing, and in particular during the cold season, supply becomes scarce. That's when heavy oil and coal power plants have to be fired up to close the gap, which is why Germany's energy producers in 2012 actually released more climate-damaging carbon dioxide into the atmosphere than in 2011.

http://m.spiegel.de/international/germany/a-920288.html#spRedirectedFrom=www&referrrer=https://www.google.com/

The biggest thing about Gore's environmental push that turned people off, was how hypocritical he was about the whole thing. It was a total "do as I say, not as I do" campaign.

And I would counsel you to stop identifying with any of these parties, register Independent, truly research the candidates, and vote for the ones who actually want to fix things.

Unfortunately, there are very few of these unicorns left.

Agreed, but a large reason for that is that we, the voters, have allowed an environment to fester that encourages the extremists we have right now. It will be a long process to change the landscape of American politics, but we have to start changing NOW.

Maybe if we start now, our children will have someone worthwhile to vote for. Proper candidates, proper choices.

And I would counsel you to stop identifying with any of these parties, register Independent, truly research the candidates, and vote for the ones who actually want to fix things.

Unfortunately, there are very few of these unicorns left.

Agreed, but a large reason for that is that we, the voters, have allowed an environment to fester that encourages the extremists we have right now. It will be a long process to change the landscape of American politics, but we have to start changing NOW.

Maybe if we start now, our children will have someone worthwhile to vote for. Proper candidates, proper choices.

Maybe. It boggles my mind that with the amount of readily available information we have, people seem dumber. I remember when during the elections in 2008, you had people who honestly though President Obama was a Muslim terrorist, and wouldn't vote for him. Then on the other end, you had people who though he was literally going to pay their mortgage (hello recession), and voted for him because of that.

Basically, people are stupid.

• Fire 1

I think that it has to start with the media. We need to get back to the point where we can all agree about the basic facts and goals and then disagree about how we reach those goals.

There needs to be some sort of accountability for the BS that is spewed on a daily basis by talking heads. We need less opinion/sensationalist oriented news and more fact based reporting. Unfortunately, similar to the godawful reality TV aired each day, the market has decided that people don't want fact based vanilla reporting.

I think that it has to start with the media. We need to get back to the point where we can all agree about the basic facts and goals and then disagree about how we reach those goals.

There needs to be some sort of accountability for the BS that is spewed on a daily basis by talking heads. We need less opinion/sensationalist oriented news and more fact based reporting. Unfortunately, similar to the godawful reality TV aired each day, the market has decided that people don't want fact based vanilla reporting.

AMEN!!!!!!!

As I have said before, the media in this country is much more dangerous and damaging than anyone in Washington.

Have done this past 2 elections! This is the most informative post in this thread IMO! +1

I think it probably starts with the nature of people. :/

I think this is true. Fact is, our elected leaders do a fantastic job of representing their districts/states. The lack of cooperation in Washington has less to do with the politicians themselves but more with the people who elect them. Politicians behave exactly how we want them too.

Unless your Eric Cantor, who wasn't lost because he behaved and cooperated to often in the eyes of the voter.

I like the discussion about fixing things, but it's important to remember that from a Political Science point of view, understand that voters hate compromise. It's seen as selling out/caving rather than being a problem solver.

This is very true. I remember back in the 2000 election I was talking to a Democrat voter who really disliked Gore but really didn't care for Bush either, so he said that he was going to go and just do the right thing and vote democrat. It's kinda funny now because before the last election he was going to switch to republican because he is very conservative (Also was from the era when the dems were conservative) and just decided to stay and just vote in the primaries.

Did you even read the article I linked?

You mean the article from the Huffington Report you linked? Yeah, I looked at it. Look, it's my opinion, you can think I am wrong all you want. I don't think either side is going out of their way to compromise and work with each other.

This, right here, is why we continue to elect the same gridlock-producing nincompoops we've been electing these past several decades.

Actually read the article. Think about what that meeting meant. Think how infuriated you'd if it was publicized that on the night a Republican was inaugurated the biggest power brokers in the Democratic party met to openly plan how to obstruct every single thing that president did, simply because he's Republican.

Because if that doesn't enrage you, whether it's a Democrat or a Republican doing it, then you're not an "American," you're a "Republican" or a "Democrat."

I agree wt the bold except for one point - if you want a voice in the primaries in many states you have to be register wt one party or the other. In that case, act like an independent in the general election. And yes, I have voted for dems.

Saunders that was probably the best way to describe his whack job status.

True,

He was crazy when he was running but then when he lost.....well.....here is a photographic documentation:

During election:

lose_gore.jpg

Shortly after election:

759-al-gore-fire.jpg

Then....it all started, he actually stopped wearing a tie in public:

gorealexander_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba44807f8f9

Then it just went goofy:

zach-galifianakis-hangover-7fd15.jpg

He still tried to be serious about political issues so he put the tie back on:

al-gore.grid-6x3.jpg

Then, Bush heard where he ended up and went on a rescue mission and found him in a small town in Iraq:

saddam-hussein-beard.jpg?w=300&h=229

Hasn't really been heard from since.