New(er) Quote Function

I also have issues in Chrome. It's better than right after the update but still does odd things - jump in and out of the quote block when doing a line return or delete. Pretty hard to edit out parts if you're quoting a long string.

I've gotten to where I shut off the "light switch" (BBCode Mode) when working with quotes very much because then it's basically back to the old format.

I also have issues in Chrome. It's better than right after the update but still does odd things - jump in and out of the quote block when doing a line return or delete. Pretty hard to edit out parts if you're quoting a long string.

I've gotten to where I shut off the "light switch" (BBCode Mode) when working with quotes very much because then it's basically back to the old format.

Wonderful! Thanks Mavric.

It's awful. Is there any way to go to back to the old [ quote ] [ /quote ] system?

I'm primarily using Chrome on a Mac. I can post screenshots of what the new quoting format looks like if that would help explain . . .

Thanks!

Yes, please. Just to make sure we're on the same page as to what the newer one is and it's not another stylesheet issue or something. As far as I can tell, the only difference should be that quotes appear pre-styled in the rich text editor instead of in BBcode. Which I also don't like, because it makes it harder to cut out pieces when you're quoting a pyramid.

The quote function sucks, but it's what we're stuck with, so we may as well support it. Let's give it one more year to see if it improves.

Ha!

By the way Huskerboard techies, I know my IPad is a bit out of date, but ever since this whole update thing my Safari app crashes constantly here. It's almost made me not want to bother trying to post here anymore. Which leads me to believe this is probably a deliberate glitch you guys applied to my username only, as a sly way of running me off the board. Knapp has already threatened me multiple times, you guys don't have to be dicks about it.

This post is only half serious. Mainly just the part about Safari crashing. The rest is just BS. Well, the part about Knapp threatening to ban me is not BS, but the rest I was not serious. Unless you guys really are causing my system to crash when I post? Then I would like an explanation.

The quote function sucks, but it's what we're stuck with, so we may as well support it. Let's give it one more year to see if it improves.

Ha!

By the way Huskerboard techies, I know my IPad is a bit out of date, but ever since this whole update thing my Safari app crashes constantly here. It's almost made me not want to bother trying to post here anymore. Which leads me to believe this is probably a deliberate glitch you guys applied to my username only, as a sly way of running me off the board. Knapp has already threatened me multiple times, you guys don't have to be dicks about it.

This post is only half serious. Mainly just the part about Safari crashing. The rest is just BS. Well, the part about Knapp threatening to ban me is not BS, but the rest I was not serious. Unless you guys really are causing my system to crash when I post? Then I would like an explanation.

So check this out:

I admined a messageboard for several years that ran the same software, and there is in fact an extension known as 'Miserable Users', that essentially works as a passive-aggressive weeding out of unwanted posters without banning them. If you assigned a profile to that value, there were certain percentages that they got a 404 error message, a 'board timed out' message, or various other hiccups that would severely hinder their ability to post and read the site.