Urban: 2008 UF Team "Best Team to Ever Play"

Mavric

Which makes 08 Missippi the luckiest team in the galaxy.

You don't have to argue for the option with me,but no team can be 'the greatest' without a deep passing threat.

Interesting that two of the teams in ESPN's Top 5 above didn't have a deep passing thread and a third only had a marginal one at best.

if the 95 Husker team played the '08 Gators, it would be an ass whooping of the Little Big Horn variety...

Nebraska vs. Florida. For some reason that sounds familiar.......

I'm not even sure that the 2008 Gators are better than the 1995 Gators. Looking at their records, they were both dominant against some good teams, but certainly not dominant against everyone. Most national champions need a lucky break here or there during the season to get the job done, but the true best teams of all time did not lose and were dominant along the way. 2008 Florida does not fit that bill.

This may sound like homerism, but I might even suggest that the '82, '83, '93, and '99 Husker teams were all better than or equal to the 2008 Gators, even though they didn't win NCs in their years.

if the 95 Husker team played the '08 Gators, it would be an ass whooping of the Little Big Horn variety...

=Nebraska vs. Florida. For some reason that sounds familiar.......

I'm not even sure that the 2008 Gators are better than the 1995 Gators. Looking at their records, they were both dominant against some good teams, but certainly not dominant against everyone. Most national champions need a lucky break here or there during the season to get the job done, but the true best teams of all time did not lose and were dominant along the way. 2008 Florida does not fit that bill.

This may sound like homerism, but I might even suggest that the '82, '83, '93, and '99 Husker teams were all better than or equal to the 2008 Gators, even though they didn't win NCs in their years.

The 83 Husker team would have bequeathed an ass whooping of biblical proportion on the 08 Gator team...