Offers: Arzona, Arizona State, Nebraska
Visits: 6/13/13 - Camp

Twitter

Rivals: #175 Overall; #18 DT; :star :star :star :star
247: #39 Overall; #9 DT; :star :star :star :star
Scout: #270 Overall; #24 DT; :star :star :star :star
ESPN: #138 Overall; #17 DT; :star :star :star :star

Hudl

Rand camped at Nebraska the past two year and was working in the top group, even as a soon-to-be sophomore. His father is from Omaha and Alliance, his family has a cabin in Nebraska, and he also has family who still live in Nebraska.

Really early to say anything, but this is a solid offer.

Composite 5 star on 247. This is a guy I want. Great size, great motor. We have the connections already, and have offered before almost all of the PAC 12 schools. Now Coach Kaz go and reel him in!

Ron Brown paid him a visit last week.

Dad played football and wrestled for the Huskers.

Said he's definitely going to visit for a game.

I'm from Chandler,Az and Hamilton is usually stocked with division one talent. Between Hamilton and Chandler High (my school) there's a lot of talent wouldn't hurt to get a foothold down here

Rand has apparently been in the state duck hunting for the past couple of days. Not sure how long he'll be here, but maybe he'll stop by Lincoln sometime and meet the new staff in person.

Garrett Rand ‏@rand3218

It was a great day today in Nebraska1f33d.png

Garrett Rand ‏@rand3218

Birdies can't hide from me1f426.png1f52b.png#Nebraska

B7kNOmDCMAEqUPy.jpg

PETA is really gonna hate Nebraska now

Y'all don't know your birds do ya, those aren't ducks. Pretty cool he seems to like the lifestyle here. Hope we push hard, believe he has family in the state

I'm guessing the poster looked at his Twitter page where there is a few photos of him holding a duck/in a duck blind.

Y'all don't know your birds do ya, those aren't ducks. Pretty cool he seems to like the lifestyle here. Hope we push hard, believe he has family in the state

Those are snipes...Amazing he was able to get 2 of them. Very elusive bird.

• Upvote 1

Those are snipes...Amazing he was able to get 2 of them. Very elusive bird.

Haha

Stanford has offered Chandler (Ariz.) Hamilton DL Garrett Rand. Won't be shocked if that's it for his recruitment. @bangulo @StanfordRivals

Long ago, Rand told me Stanford was the only school that could cause hint o make an early commitment. And now here we are.

Gosh dangit. I really wanted kid.

I can't wait unit the appeal of Stanford is gone. Took a step in that direction last year.

Yeah, it will be quite interesting to see if they bounce back or continue to fade. The latter seems more likely to me.

Gosh dangit. I really wanted kid.

I can't wait unit the appeal of Stanford is gone. Took a step in that direction last year.

The appeal of an elite education isn't going anywhere.

• Upvote 3

Hasn't been accepted into Stanford yet. Not sure about when those go through but sounds like he may have some work to do.

Not sure why he hasn't been here in awhile. I thought we were in the running but haven't heard much about him lately.

Hopefully we can at least get a BRW visit but I get the feeling he's looking to stay out west.

Now that I look back a little more, I haven't seen anything where the new staff has contacted or visited him. There was a note about the support staff but haven't seen anything about a visit yet. It's possible that it just hasn't been reported but it makes me wonder.... :dunno

Now that I look back a little more, I haven't seen anything where the new staff has contacted or visited him. There was a note about the support staff but haven't seen anything about a visit yet. It's possible that it just hasn't been reported but it makes me wonder.... :dunno

Didn't Cavanaugh go to Arizona to visit a couple recruits a few months ago, and Rand was one of them?
  • Upvote 1