DT Garrett Rand [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Would've been much different if he would've been offered by the last staff earlier. Not sure where this staff sees him also.

I guess it could always be earlier but we were the first out-of-state school to offer so it's not like we were late to the party.

It absolutely could've been earlier. He saw Nebraska so early. Wasn't like he didn't show potential, but it is what it is. Sometimes kids just want to stay close to home.

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

You never know, but for some reason it doesn't seem he was high priority for this staff... With Stolt, Davis Twins at DT I guess it probably shouldn't be though.

Are you saying this staff is not interested in picking up a DT this year? DT is a position where you should get about 2 every year.

We are extremely deep at DT. Whether we "missed" out on this one or not, it's not a huge worry.

SR: Williams, Price

JR: Collins(maybe leaving) Valentine, Maurice

SO:

RFR: Stoltenberg, Newell

FR: Davis, Davis

I'd be more worried about getting a couple good ones in the 2017 cycle.

You never know, but for some reason it doesn't seem he was high priority for this staff... With Stolt, Davis Twins at DT I guess it probably shouldn't be though.

Are you saying this staff is not interested in picking up a DT this year? DT is a position where you should get about 2 every year.

We are extremely deep at DT. Whether we "missed" out on this one or not, it's not a huge worry.

SO:

I saw what happens when we have a bunch of young bodies at DE that we all hope are studs, but don't pan out. I'll take two DTs this cycle please.

• Fire 2

SO:

I would be very surprised if Collins came back next year. There is a chance VV leaves this year too. If he has the year we all hope he has then we should be pretty worried about DT. I like the young guys but we should always look to load up the OL and DL.

• Fire 1

SO:

I would be very surprised if Collins came back next year. There is a chance VV leaves this year too. If he has the year we all hope he has then we should be pretty worried about DT. I like the young guys but we should always look to load up the OL and DL.

You think a back-up will leave early? You know that is Williams spot, right?

• Fire 1

SO:

I saw what happens when we have a bunch of young bodies at DE that we all hope are studs, but don't pan out. I'll take two DTs this cycle please.

You saw what? I don't remember having a bunch of promising DE's that didn't pan out...

I was never excited about King, etc.

I'm very excited about the Davis Twins.