Beer Sales at Memorial Stadium

Beer sales at Memorial Stadium  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Might as well...you wouldn't catch me dead drinking an $8 beer, but with stadiums looking for ways to make game day experiences better for the fans, I think that's a layup. It'd net the university a nice bit of cash too.

About the only argument I've heard against beer sales is that it'd detract from the "family" atmosphere of the game. To that I'd suggest counting the number of obscenities you hear from your seat the next time you go to a major game at Memorial Stadium.

Might as well...you wouldn't catch me dead drinking an $8 beer, but with stadiums looking for ways to make game day experiences better for the fans, I think that's a layup. It'd net the university a nice bit of cash too.

About the only argument I've heard against beer sales is that it'd detract from the "family" atmosphere of the game. To that I'd suggest counting the number of obscenities you hear from your seat the next time you go to a major game at Memorial Stadium.

Sit next to my cousin Rotoriot, if you're easily offended he's the guy for you.

God no. This is a bad idea on a bunch of levels. Plus, do ya slam beers during the sermon at church

i might sip some wine, at least.

but the slippery slope argument is not very compelling. there really is no good reason against beer sales at husker games other than some thinking that some may not be able to handle it. i just do not think we should live in a society that has to nanny the lowest common denominator. especially when there are already alcohol-related incidents at the game and they are more than adequately handled.

Its easier/cheaper to get drunk before game. Selling overpriced watered down beer in the stadium isnt going to push a sociopath drunk over the edge.

Sure Ill buy a beer. Not many though. I go for the game, I dont like wasting time stuck in the line to piss.

Its easier/cheaper to get drunk before game. Selling overpriced watered down beer in the stadium isnt going to push a sociopath drunk over the edge.

Sure Ill buy a beer. Not many though. I go for the game, I dont like wasting time stuck in the line to piss.

i do not think the point is to get drunk.

it is funny, because although i vehemently think beer sales should be allowed (because, why not?), i probably would never buy a beer at a game.

i do not think the point is to get drunk.

it is funny, because although i vehemently think beer sales should be allowed (because, why not?), i probably would never buy a beer at a game.

Selling beer in Memorial isnt aimed at getting drunk. BUT some people do think its better drunk. Not me but some people do.

I don't see any problem with beer sales in the stadium. The people who will get shitfaced drunk already are before the game starts. Some won't pay the high prices and that's fine but, many will. It might actually reduce drunkeness......when I was a student we would sneak in pints of hard stuff. If there was an option for ahaving a few beers instead, I'd probably remember more about so many lopsided games.

There are probably far to many liability issues for this to happen. And as atbone mentioned there is a can if worms that the university will never want to open with the stadium being on campus.

I mean, won't someone think of the children?

• Fire 3

The school removed the bleachers from the south end zone of the stadium this spring, and today it announced that the space will feature a patio area that serves beer and wine along with food during games this fall. Season-ticket holders and Purdue students who have purchased a VIP card can access the area, which will open 90 minutes before kickoff.

The area will include a a 3,200-square-foot high-peak tent, patio-style furniture including tables with umbrellas and six 46-inch TVs. It can hold 1,500 fans at a time. The Boilermaker Special, Purdue’s official mascot, will reside in the 16,000-square foot area.

Purdue now joins Minnesota as the only Big Ten schools to serve alcohol at games, but more and more league schools are seriously considering doing the same.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bigten&id=103379

Two down, twelve to go.