Children and immigration reform

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

They are never paying back a dime.  Stop it.

And stop trying to pretend that it is not a lot.  you sound like a commie lover like a few posters that post here and i know you not.

Help Kraine so we can finally get rid of that commie country and embrace it

Wait...so "help Kraine so we can finally get rid of that commie country" by failing to pass funding to help Ukraine?  :blink:

3 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Wait...so "help Kraine so we can finally get rid of that commie country" by failing to pass funding to help Ukraine?  :blink:

No, give them ALL the money we can.  But don't be dense and think they are going to pay any of it back.

They won't and that is okay.  Because we will get rid of those commies.

Like I said, embrace it.  Don't use emojis that don't fit.

Or...are you a commie lover like a few of the posters here?  

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Just now, teachercd said:

No, give them ALL the money we can.  But don't be dense and think they are going to pay any of it back.

They won't and that is okay.  Because we will get rid of those commies.

Like I said, embrace it.  Don't use emojis that don't fit.

Great. We agree. :waste

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Amen!

I think we are down to 2 commie lovers on this site.  1 can't even admit that those commies are actually commies.  

You gotta admit though, even if one were let's say mathematically challenged, $75 billion is not quite $200 billion.  

• TBH 1
23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Amen!

I think we are down to 2 commie lovers on this site.  1 can't even admit that those commies are actually commies.  

I explained it before...not wanting to spend more of my money on Ukraine doesn't mean I am a fan of Russia.

17 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

You gotta admit though, even if one were let's say mathematically challenged, $75 billion is not quite $200 billion.  

Lol that's a good one. 

$175 is pretty darn close though, isn't it.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

I explained it before...not wanting to spend more of my money on Ukraine doesn't mean I am a fan of Russia

It would be kind of a novel idea to secure our own border before giving another country $175 billion of assets to secure theirs.  

• TBH 2

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I explained it before...not wanting to spend more of my money on Ukraine doesn't mean I am a fan of Russia.

Lol that's a good one. 

There are tremendous future consequences to not assisting Ukraine, including future Russian invasion of NATO countries if they feel that America won't fulfill the defense commitment - which seems increasingly likely to be the case based on pro-Russian trends developing on the American right wing. 

Additionally, assuming you pay more in taxes than you receive, most military assistance to Ukraine is in the form of older equipment that isn't often used. The old equipment is used and replaced by newer, updated equipment courtesy of our domestic defense industry. Most of the money "spent" for Ukraine military assistance is stimulus for American defense industry jobs.

Lastly, America's military has learned a great deal helping Ukraine in a major war. From how Drones impact warfare, to the amount of artillery shells needed to conduct offensive operations (hint: the US has learned that our current ability to manufacture artillery shells is WOEFULLY short of what would be necessary), assisting Ukraine has taught America lessons they never would've learned... all while not risking American lives.

In short, there is literally no downside to assisting Ukraine. There are exclusively positives.

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

America First Legal is certainly my go to source for unbiased and comprehensive review of what I'm sure is an agenda free analysis of any legal matter.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 3
8 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Lol that's a good one. 

Agreed!

I do not think you are a commie lover.

and I agree with your point.

No amnesty or legalization for people already here illegally?

I don't like that .  That seems cruel.  Legalize them, get them social security numbers and get them working.  Don't "deal with" the ones already here.  Let them start their new lives.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1