My 20 year reunion is coming up and the deadline to RSVP is next week. I'm on the fence and I'm leaning towards not attending. The cost is 30 dollars. That will cover appetizers/nonalcoholic beverages. I'm assuming a room is included in the cost. The place that they are holding it at is a poor man's Dave and Buster's.

I have a feeling that I will not have a lot of talking points with my classmates. If children dominate the conversation I will become bored and want to leave. Of course I can stay and have a few overpriced drinks. That could make the evening more pricier the I bargained for.

I thought the main reason for going is to try to hook up with someone you missed out on during your high school years. Either that, or to make fun of your classmates who are now fat and/or bald.

Hopefully, the one you want to hook up with isn't fat and/or bald. :lol:

Do you hang out with or talk to many people from your class? If not, you'll probably be bored there. I really don't keep in touch with many people from my high school, but I went to my 20th reunion anyway, and again for a mini reunion at 25 years. The first one was interesting, to see some familiar faces and see what they're doing now, but the 25th was pretty boring, and afterwards I kicked myself for going. Felt like a wasted evening, full of stuff I could have learned by checking out their facebook pages.

If you're leaning on not going, don't go. You probably won't miss it much.

Do you hang out with or talk to many people from your class? If not, you'll probably be bored there. I really don't keep in touch with many people from my high school, but I went to my 20th reunion anyway, and again for a mini reunion at 25 years. The first one was interesting, to see some familiar faces and see what they're doing now, but the 25th was pretty boring, and afterwards I kicked myself for going. Felt like a wasted evening, full of stuff I could have learned by checking out their facebook pages.

If you're leaning on not going, don't go. You probably won't miss it much.

Today I learned Knapp is on FB. Time to poke him.

Me & 3 others that I graduated with roomed together at Clemson. Three of us were indifferent about going to our 10th anniversary (one roommate's in Atlanta, one's in Greenville, SC and I'm about 20 min from the town). Then we found out our roommate in Champaign, Ill was coming down for it, and that sealed the deal for the rest of us. We all sat at a table with our wives and chatted the whole time. We made the rounds to the other people, but that wasn't important.

I went to my 10th and could have done without that. We were a pretty close class but by the time the 10th came around everyone was more in cliques than we were in school. It was weird. We had a 25 and that was actually pretty dang fun. By that time, everyone is over trying to impress everyone and it was just a good time.

It's sad that so many classes don't enjoy getting together. My oldest just graduated and her class was very close and they all were a very successful class. But, reality is, there will be a lot of those kids she will never see again. Everyone moves on in life. I haven't kept in touch with many from my class but I have never understood the attitude of..."I don't give a sh#t about those people".

My wife graduated in a class of 32 and they have had a reunion every 5 years. Heck, even I have a good time at those because I've gotten to know some of them.

Social media killed the reunion. If you graduated in the last 15 years you're probably up to date on everyone's life whether you want to be or not. :P

That is a very good point!

Texting and email allow me to keep in touch with more friends than I ever would have bothered with just 10 years ago or so.

Social media killed the reunion. If you graduated in the last 15 years you're probably up to date on everyone's life whether you want to be or not. :P

That is a very good point!

Texting and email allow me to keep in touch with more friends than I ever would have bothered with just 10 years ago or so.

True, but that's not the same as sitting around and having a few beers with some old friends I haven't seen in a long time.

Call me old fashioned I guess.

True, but that's not the same as sitting around and having a few beers with some old friends I haven't seen in a long time.

Call me old fashioned I guess.

No arguments there. I'm still young enough that I see my good friends from high school fairly regularly . . . and the more casual acquaintances I see pictures of kids, pets, and houses, on Facebook/Twitter.

Haven't been far enough removed as of yet to want to really catch up beyond that. Haha.

So you don't keep in touch with any of them? Then f#*k going, what would be the point? It might be worth it if you didn't like most of the people in high school, are awesome now, and want to rub it in their faces. If not, continue on with your life, which is probably better off without any of them in it.