(2018) SG Aguek Arop [San Diego State- Signed LOI]

Yeah, Good thing Gothenburg came back or the first four games would have been blowouts. You did miss a good one there. The finish was as good or better than Aurora/Neumann.

I wouldn't have guessed Arop had 18. He made some good plays but didn't seem like he was scoring that much. Pretty good against that competition.

I'm not sure Wingett would be in my Top 5 to be honest.

That last game was so hard to tell because it was so ugly. But Arop, Fant and Davis have to be up there. After that, I was impressed with Riverside's point guard, Gothenburg's point guard, Aurora's center (who the Huskers are looking at for TE), and Vedral from Neumann.

• 1 month later...

Haven't had a chance to follow along much to his growth, but with this tweet and some other rumblings... sounds like we have a pretty good player coming in?

What are peoples thoughts on him?

I watched him in Grand Island against Aurora Colorado last month.

Very solid player. The game was extremely sloppy though on both sides. It was hard to get a real gauge for me on how good they are from that one game. It was like they all were trying to do too much and just would commit unforced turnovers.

I think he will be a solid contributor. There is actually another player that's a guard I am very interested to see how he does. I thought he was a junior this year. I can't remember the name though.

Haven't had a chance to follow along much to his growth, but with this tweet and some other rumblings... sounds like we have a pretty good player coming in?

Very solid player. The game was extremely sloppy though on both sides. It was hard to get a real gauge for me on how good they are from that one game. It was like they all were trying to do too much and just would commit unforced turnovers.

I think he will be a solid contributor. There is actually another player that's a guard I am very interested to see how he does. I thought he was a junior this year. I can't remember the name though.

I believe you are thinking of David Wingett from Winnebago. He is about 6'7" and growing. Maybe someone that we should send out an offer to, wouldn't hurt is what I think.

I think the kid you are referring to is possibly Caleel Walker. He was the best player on the floor in the Class A final against Fremont. Walker is real athletic and seems to have a good motor to him. Can't remember how big he is.

As for Aguek, my brother will always ask me what I think of him. My reply is that he is extremely athletic and can rebound and defend with the best of them. If he ever develops a jump shot it will be scary. Nebraska is getting a really good athlete who has a good chance at becoming a very solid player for us.

Pretty much my feelings from that game as well. Probably not the greatest game to judge on but I wasn't blown away. Very solid player but was expecting a little more.

I think the kid you are referring to is possibly Caleel Walker. He was the best player on the floor in the Class A final against Fremont. Walker is real athletic and seems to have a good motor to him. Can't remember how big he is.

As for Aguek, my brother will always ask me what I think of him. My reply is that he is extremely athletic and can rebound and defend with the best of them. If he ever develops a jump shot it will be scary. Nebraska is getting a really good athlete who has a good chance at becoming a very solid player for us.

Yes....that's who I was thinking of. The guy is an absolute freak athletically and a very good basketball player. Ever since seeing him and then hearing about how he did at state this year, I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about his recruitment even to some other schools.

I can't find the guy in 247s data base.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Mavric changed the title to (2018) SG Aguek Arop [San Diego State Commit]