Which Win was better?

Which victory was better?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I dont understand how so many assume a loss to NW wouldve been the end?? Theres not enough evidence and past history from Bo abd staff that time and time again, when things look bad yhey seem to grt it back together. Usually the next week. So. Lets say we do lose to NW. Ok lets say we dont turn the ball over umpteen times in our own territory against either Mich st or iowa and we win one ov them. We still wind up 9-4 and Bo still the head coach.

The win at the big house in Michigan comes to mind...amazing win and Michigan's first home loss under Hoke.

i agree with this.

given the choices, i would have to say osu. that was a talented team and an exciting win. some great plays by some of our favorite players. nw was an exciting finish, but not a great win.

Ohio st no doubt. Regardless of what they were going through, that was still a very talented team. And we showed, even at that time, that lack of talent is not the biggesthurdle of yhis team. We showed what we're capable of when we just get the hell out our own way. Yes, we whooped their ass fir the better part of the final 25 minutes.

Agreed. The heat was on and we made plays. We obviously can't fault ourselves for Ohio St. lacking depth at QB. That's like diminishing the entire game of football.

Between the 2 I would say the Ohio State game. It was against a traditionally good oponent, even if they did have their worse team in over a decade.

Northwestern, although I am happy we won, and although it was an incredible ending, was almost an embarrassment. I understand we are no longer in the 90s and Tom Osborne is no longer our coach, but being the equivalent to the likes of Northwestern and Iowa is hard to swallow. I would atleast like to be able to destroy the mediocre and lesser teams in the conference. Still I am looking forward to the season, hopefully a strong defense can take us to new heights under Pelini.

My vote for best win under pelini would probably be the Oklahoma win (although opposing team ranking wise there were better wins).

Ohio st no doubt. Regardless of what they were going through, that was still a very talented team. And we showed, even at that time, that lack of talent is not the biggesthurdle of yhis team. We showed what we're capable of when we just get the hell out our own way. Yes, we whooped their ass fir the better part of the final 25 minutes.

Agreed. The heat was on and we made plays. We obviously can't fault ourselves for Ohio St. lacking depth at QB. That's like diminishing the entire game of football.

i was raised to believe that injuries are the only valid excuse for a loss and cause over 90% of losses.

edit: just to be clear, i agree with you true. and i think that accounting for injuries is a pretty important part of football. even injuries at qb.

• Fire 1

i was raised to believe that injuries are the only valid excuse for a loss and cause over 90% of losses.

Edit, never mind.

It amazes me at how many people discount the OSU win due to Miller's injury. Especially when those are the same people that generally don't give NU the benefit when considering the OL and QB injuries in 2013.

As others have said NU had brought the game back to within 7 by Bauserman's first full drive. The D was stopping OSU before the injury. The O was rolling. At worst if the injury hadn't happened OSU and NU trade scores to end the game and we lose by one possession but that is likely less than 50% likely.

It amazes me at how many people discount the OSU win due to Miller's injury. Especially when those are the same people that generally don't give NU the benefit when considering the OL and QB injuries in 2013.

As others have said NU had brought the game back to within 7 by Bauserman's first full drive. The D was stopping OSU before the injury. The O was rolling. At worst if the injury hadn't happened OSU and NU trade scores to end the game and we lose by one possession but that is likely less than 50% likely.

no one is discounting it. but it is funny that even in your post defending it, you still admit we could have lost if miller stayed healthy. we benefited from a poor backup, just like we benefited from a lucky bounce against nw. that is the game. acknowledging that in a comparative discussion is not a discounting of anything.

no one is discounting it. but it is funny that even in your post defending it, you still admit we could have lost if miller stayed healthy. we benefited from a poor backup, just like we benefited from a lucky bounce against nw. that is the game. acknowledging that in a comparative discussion is not a discounting of anything.

If anything that win is being over inflated, the NW game too.

And as we now also know, our proud HC also took that joyous occasion to vent all his frustrations at his fans, Tom Shatel, and anyone else who didn't support him. There are plenty of Husker fans who would just like to forget this ever happened, that he's a changed man, etc, etc. Sure. But for me, it's even more luster removed knowing our Head Coach was relishing in how we'd kiss his a** out the f'ing door as we see what we can do once he's gone. Great stuff, Coach.

--

A name familiar to us all, who was the athletic director at the time has addressed this.......and who knows, he may very well have felt similarly in 1979 and 1990. I am not one who would be concerned about forgetting it happened......I am one who likes Pelini's passion for what he does.

• Fire 2

Other. In Bo's era ............ 2009 Holiday Bowl. Something like 33 to 0.

BTW, this game against Nick Foles (6-20-2, only 28 passing yds) .... now 1st string Philadelphia Eagles quarterback. :koolaid2:

Or else 1923 Notre Dame. Four Horsemen led by Knute Rockne coach go down to defeat !! I've been there at brand new Memorial stadium, 31,000 capacity ;) .

Of course 1995 Florida ....... " Down Up Goes Frazier! Down Up Goes Frazier! Down Up Goes Frazier! " (borrowed by Howard Cosell famous quote)

• Fire 1

We also benefitted from the fact that we had stopped the Miller-run offense twice before his injury. We were starting to settle in. I honestly dont know if we still would have won but it woulda been much more competitive. Something had already changed within the dynamics of the game by the time he was injured that strongly suggested we were gonna make it a game.
  • Fire 1